Thread: Cheap Money

Cheap Money

Hi everyone,
    There seems to be some pretty cheap finance deals getting around at the moment whether it be for a new house, car or boat.
    For example, my brother in law got a 0.8% interest rate over three years for his new Kia Stinger.
    Has anyone financed a new motor or boat recently with a really low rate?
    Cheers,
    Upstart.

Re: Cheap Money

That might be okay for those working and have room up their sleeve to borrow ..

Finance is a killer i know people close to me that it has sunk to the point of bankrupt and the people have been working all their lives

If u own your own home u could get finance on the value of the home and atleaee your not paying silly 500 bux a week rent that will enlarge the boot up the clacked when u cant pay the finance

interesting seeing whats out their regarding financing up a fourstroke . id imagine their would be some good deals out there in these times

A number of car brands have been doing basically 0% for a few years now. A quick google says Yamaha finance will do 0% on some motorbikes but no mention of outboards. Maybe with high ish demand and limited inventory they aren't offering super low interest on outboards.

Gazz don't you afterpay lots of things? That's a form of finance and can bite you just the same as whatever you are taking about.

Matt

Yamaha won’t do 0 percent on outboards have never seen it. Used them 4 times for outboards never had a issue and haggled the dealer down on price before mentioning finance

money stays in my home loan as I don’t touch that for toys and hobbies
    finance works for those who know their limits and manage their finances the current fad of same day lenders and pay it off in four weeks is just preying on the masses

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    A number of car brands have been doing basically 0% for a few years now. A quick google says Yamaha finance will do 0% on some motorbikes but no mention of outboards. Maybe with high ish demand and limited inventory they aren't offering super low interest on outboards.

Gazz don't you afterpay lots of things? That's a form of finance and can bite you just the same as whatever you are taking about.

Matt
    Yeah afterpay is just a short kind of loan 6 weeks as the first payment gets made when the order gets placed, i have a afterpay credit limit of $2000 i absolutely wont go near that amount that is crazy the most i go will be less than half that and i really stress about making a series of $250 payments so i really try to keep the payments around the $100 mark over the 6 weeks

I always make sure i have physical items i can sell to bail me out if i ever dig a financial hole usually the finances buy me these items so selling them in return i get to use them than sell them and pay a small amount on top rather than outlay a whopper get nothing back and be financially sunk

I once had a credit card way before debit credit cards and it started off at $500 than the bank would increase the limit $500 every 6 months it got to the point i was paying $100 a month about $5500 credit and i was only paying the interest now being on a govenment payment i wasnt able to convert the credit card to aloan so i would actually pay it off it was a tricky and sneaky approach by the bank

Any how i had enough and i wasnt getting anywhere i was on avery low income and paying out a good portion so i can vaugley remember getting help this was a long time ago a company on my behalf contacted the bank and we got it sorted that the amount i was repaying over xxx years in interest accumilated enough the bank squashed the debt since than i said i would never get another credit card

Long loans are depressing especially ones where your going no where

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Finance is a killer i know people close to me that it has sunk to the point of bankrupt and the people have been working all their lives

If u own your own home u could get finance on the value of the home and atleaee your not paying silly 500 bux a week rent that will enlarge the boot up the clacked when u cant pay the finance
    Gazza. Finance is not much different to that Afterpay you use. You buy something, get the goods and pay it off. Trick is to be able to afford the payments

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Generally a loan doesn’t have the compounding life destroying penalties those short term lending companies have though and if through a major bank they have proper hardship procedures

Not quite a fishing boating topic...but so relevant for most people.....of course it depends on your age and personal circumstances...I look at it another way....low interest rates wont last forever..but its a golden opportunity to pay off the big thing..like the house mortgage more quickly than ever...negotiating the lowest rate you can ..but making the same amount in payments.. whats 1 or 2% on a $15,000 loan. actually worth against.. say 0.8% reduction on a house loan?

I’m not a big fan of getting a loan in any shape or form for items catagorised as toys. Just doesn’t sit right