Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mercury command thrust

  1. #1

    Mercury command thrust

    Anyone got advice on these motors.
    Does the command thrust work ok?
    Does it affect top speed and hole shot?
    I imagine that bigger props will help at slow speeds in the ruff stuff.
    Would be as a twin set up to replace etec 90's

    Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Ausfish Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kalbarri, WA

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    They always used to be aimed at pushing heavy loads, like barges, punts, etc. Lower geared to swing a larger diameter ( not larger pitch) , get a better bite for thrust against resistance, not speed. .

  3. #3

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    I've got a 115hp CT on a 5m cuddy cab
    No issues with holeshot or top speed, It leaps out of the water and a max speed of 70kmh so I have no complaints at all
    It also planes at a lower speed than the 90hp V4 Johnno it replaced, These are such a torquey motor right through the rev range and cheap to run

  4. #4

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    Ran a counter rotating set of 90 CTs on a 5.2KC, great holeshot and top end speed. Great fuel economy, highly recommend them.

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    Ran a counter rotating set of 90 CTs on a 5.2KC, great holeshot and top end speed. Great fuel economy, highly recommend them.

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    What was your WOT speed with those engines?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  6. #6

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    What was your WOT speed with those engines?
    70kph wot
    4200rpm 50kph 1.3km/litre

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    70kph wot
    4200rpm 50kph 1.3km/litre

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    thanks mate. Was there a temptation to go the 115ís as they are the same weight?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  8. #8

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    thanks mate. Was there a temptation to go the 115ís as they are the same weight?
    My hull was max 90 hp and they made it a rocket ship. I ran it pretty heavy and never felt it needed more hp. Only sold it to move up to a 2400.

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Ausfish Silver Member Dirtyfuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast

    Re: Mercury command thrust

    Twin 115ct on a 6.2m Kevlacat think they are 14x19 enertia props, good holeshot 42kn WOT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us