Classifieds

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: SC Knot

  1. #1

    SC Knot

    Sooooo many to choose from but which suits you and the typre of tackle and Fishing you go with ..
    Also being a believer of your never too old to learn i am always on the lookout for new tricks knots and tackle ..
    Have been using a simmillar knot to the SC Knot eg the yutakan but instead of your main line doubled its pulled back straight and with far more overlaps with the braid and tighten as you tension.
    At least with finer Braid which i use for Whiting and casting lighter line i find this one of the few knots which slides through the guides far easier with less slap or kick against the guides .
    Who onboard uses this knot and thoughts via experience and usage ??..

  2. #2

    Re: SC Knot

    Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Sooooo many to choose from but which suits you and the typre of tackle and Fishing you go with ..
    Also being a believer of your never too old to learn i am always on the lookout for new tricks knots and tackle ..
    Have been using a simmillar knot to the SC Knot eg the yutakan but instead of your main line doubled its pulled back straight and with far more overlaps with the braid and tighten as you tension.
    At least with finer Braid which i use for Whiting and casting lighter line i find this one of the few knots which slides through the guides far easier with less slap or kick against the guides .
    Who onboard uses this knot and thoughts via experience and usage ??..
    Intetesting, will give it a go. One thing I was told with using half hitches in braid is to alternate frim which side you do each hitch, that way the knot ends up being straighter otherwise it tends to have a banana bend in it.

  3. #3

    Re: SC Knot

    Thanks Volvo Iím going to practice that one a bit. The FG knot is what Iíve been using and really love it. Havenít had one let go yet.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  4. #4

    Re: SC Knot

    Yep FG knot is one of my favourites also but with time to spare n bit of boredom of late lol i have been on the hunt for the holy grail for smaller diameter lines .
    I also alternate the finishing hitches and if in no rush finish with locking hitch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us