Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arnolds Boat Shop

Re: Arnolds Boat Shop

I guess its not to much of aproblem aslong as the order arrives be apain if i wait 5 weeks to receieve a email saying they cant forfill the order

If the order arrives in the next two weeks i'll be happy as thats when i will be fitting out the boat with console and seats bloody cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    I think you will find that a lot of online stores drop ship. They may carry stock of common items, anything else will have to be ordered in, despite giving the impression that the goods are available in store.
    Correct, that's why they are cheaper than a "proper" shop, they keep nothing, just a person with a computer taking orders (and money) and passing the order on to a cheap supplier then getting them to ship direct.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I guess its not to much of aproblem aslong as the order arrives be apain if i wait 5 weeks to receieve a email saying they cant forfill the order

If the order arrives in the next two weeks i'll be happy as thats when i will be fitting out the boat with console and seats bloody cant wait
    Send them a follow up email and see what answer you get.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Nah i will likely delete the mail Shakey i have had my email account 20+ years and i often forget when i email people and the reply comes back aweek or two later i usually just skim thru my mail and bulk delete so i'll likely miss it

I'll hang tight for 3 weeks after the purchase and see if it shows up if it doesnt i'll give arnolds a call

Anyone know what’s going on this time? The website has gone dark for days now. Is this the end of Arnold’s?

I waited 2.5 weeks after placing my order in january got a bit pissed as i heard nothing at all about my order the phone number on there web site was removed i called paypal who gave me there number and email address, i had to email them to cancel the order i found out arnolds left me hanging for over 2 weeks waiting for my order to ship when i got in contact they said it would be a further 2-3 week wait

I cancelled the order and receieved a speedy refund

I asked them for a price for Raymarine autopilot recently and they were best price and said good to order
    But when I read reviews that said impossible to telephone them I thought - nah pass on that one
    Saving $50 on a $3k order and unable to contact

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev

They had a phone recording saying they were no longer taking phone calls and u needed to contact them by email they were super quick to reply by email but there updates on orders was something from the 90's

That looks pretty final.

I heard some guys lost several thousands of dollars as arnolds went into administration some were trying to do a cash bake charge on there credit cards but a lot of customers are at a loss

Trading while insolvent is a very serious thing to do, however, taking orders and then going broke is a whole different ballgame, and people caught in that scenario are out of pocket.