Thread: Sea Devil Boats

Sea Devil Boats

I have been told Sea Devil boats are now made on the Gold Coast and sent to Sydney for fit out. Does anyone know who and where they are being made.

Re: Sea Devil Boats

Don't know, they used to be made on the NSW south coast..

Thanks disorderly.

really nice boat ,looks sharp

This article written in 2016 says that Sea Devil Boats used to be made in Ulladulla (NSW), then around 2012/2013 the owner of Northern Beaches Marine (NSW) bought the Sea Devil name and the moulds and at the time of the article being written continued making and selling Sea Devil Boats. The article does not say where they are actually built (could be anywhere)

https://thecaptain.tv/articles/the-devils-playground/

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by Knotpretty View Post
    I have been told Sea Devil boats are now made on the Gold Coast and sent to Sydney for fit out. Does anyone know who and where they are being made.
    FYI the Sea Devil boats are made for the ‘Sea Devil’ company under licence by Powercat Marine, in Caboolture (on the Bribie side).

They are very solid boats, and full composite construction pretty sure. I’ve looked over a couple over the last few yrs, in the PC factory.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

Thanks for your reply mate.

It's funny how boats are built all over the place, and the moulds get sold or moved, and the name pops up again, I have been in one of the old 15' (maybe 14'6"?) hundreds of times, fantastic little boat, it has a ballast keel, which was pretty flash back then, it had a 175V6 2 stroke on it, so it was kind of speedy, caught a 71KG Yellowfin out of it a few years ago, from out past the shelf...in a 15' boat with a ski pole! I think they were originally made or sold by Peter Williams the ski boat/power boat racer guy, but not too sure if that's fact. There's an Abb diver lives near me that has the bigger one, and he flogs it, it's quite a few years old now, and still going strong, most of the other "legendary" boats would be scrap now with the treatment he gives it.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    those tuna tubes are interesting , never seen them before

Powercat in caboolture make them.