Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mullet fillets

Re: Mullet fillets

Something/someone get a "haircut"?

Nothing to see here - move along move along lol.

I like mullet flesh as bream bait. Particularly in the surf.

Caught a few years back on mullet fillet, when the mullet run Jew will eat em.

image.jpg

Muz
    Last edited by Muzza; 07-01-2021 at 03:38 PM. Reason: pic issues

Yeah thanks Mods for removing the rubbish..

Getting fed up with the sh!t stirring and thread derailment..he just cant seem to help himself....

Anyway thats a cracker Muzza ..we also used to get a few off the breakwalls at Harrington and Ballina as a young fella...we would use live mullet on a float if possible..

We also would use Mullet gut back in the day..the bream use to find that pretty tasty...is that even a thing anymore..?...I dont see it around up here at all..?

Mullet gut still popular with the Caloundra and Jumpinpin bream fishos.

Hey Disorderly, yeah our breakie at Stockton is a hotspot for Jew, nice area Harrington and Ballina, hoping to get back up that way soon again actually. Mullet gut is still sold I think in the frozen packs and stinks. My go to for big bream was always a session getting nippers (single claw yabbie?) on the flats or under rocks on the river bank and hitting the ole fav spots, channels along the oyster banks from May on in the colder months, live blood worms were a gun bait as well.
    Plenty of 40cm plus, think this one went over 48cm . Pics suck on true size of stuff, but nothing to prove to anyone. i was there, :-)

Attachment 122957

Cheers
    Muz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Muzza; 07-01-2021 at 05:49 PM. Reason: pic

Muzza great to hear you can still catch the jewies around high population centres..

and yeah my fishing mad family had an onsite van left at Harrington Caravan park whilst growing up and my late uncle had the caravan park at South Ballina beach...

The surf and the breakwall/beach fishing are the things I miss most about NSW since we have been living in FNQ inside the GBR waters...

Its just such a different fishery up here..

and yeah that monster Bream is longer then you are wide...its strange ..Bream, Flathead and Whiting just dont get that big up here and not in the numbers that you see down south...I really dont know why...?

and Gunna ..glad to hear people still use the old mullet gut..its pretty disgusting but it did used to work..though as Muzza mentioned the old freshly pumped nippers used to be pretty deadly too..

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    Yup, gooone!!! :-) Put me popcorn away.
    Must of missed something but sounds like it wasn't needed. Never mind saw Disorderly post and know the culprit.

With gut we used to include a slice of the onion, it made for the big bream

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Are you getting the Gar as incidental bycatch chasing poddies or targeting them in numbers? There’s not much that won’t attack a gar, one of the best Baits around if you can get them.
    Out of interest, do the Spaniards know the difference between a freshwater gar and a saltwater gar?