Thread: Shark safe adds

Shark safe adds

Ive started hearing an add on the radio .........be shark safe.

Be shark safe don't throw your fish scraps over board and swim.............. be shark safe just don't swim in the seas or you might be eaten its not rocket science so why the add i mean its been happening since anyone has swum in the sea or fallen over board so why now i can't see an add saving anyone its too simple swim and take the chance or don't swim and never get eaten by a shark ,surfers and swimmers are taking a chance every time they go out ,i don't see a add stopping surfers from being eaten by sharks it just the chance everyone takes.

Re: Shark safe adds

I think with the banning of Shark netting down here, plus bans on certain species, there is noticeably more Sharks now than a couple of decades ago, no doubts about it, and certainly more attacks, but that might be simply because there's a bigger population now.

The australian shark population has increased hugely wenow have more great whites than ever they are the only sharks i fear due to there aggressive nature

Bulls, tigers, hammers etc.. no wear near as dangerous as a white, we do get the whites launching out of the wster like in mexico there was a case a few years ago in lake maquarie but just the white shark is so aggressive so large and so agile

When u look at a white sharks teeth in size to say a bull u can see where the damage comes from hitting one leg artery is quiet easy with large razor sharp teeth

We get bulls right up in the lake i will be testing my boat in so kind of shitting it if something were to happen

Sad to say this but the fear mongering is over and hasbeen for some time it is now real that we have plauges of sharks the water is there world land is ours

But i believe we need a culling, there was a whale carcus a few months back at wollongong and they resorded heaps and heaps of white sharks all around the wollongong cost line from memory they reported 30 great whites just around the carcuss at bulli

2 ####ing idiots jumped in snorkling next to the carcus with a spear gun and a white shark had a crack at them

No culling required, just greater education of the people who swim/use the ocean, and ensure they know of the possible/potential dangers of swimming/surfing in waters frequented by sharks. Culling not required in my opinion

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Heres the videos

Heres a video i took a few years back this isone of my encounters with sharks donno what it was or how big it surfaced before i got the video going it had abig fin that was rounded at the top it wasnt sharp or pointy