Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Gazza open your eyes. I mean of all the things you could spend 12-13k AUD on importing youre seriously considering A 233? Seriously? What a bucket of piss compared to some of the locally made boats you could step up to if you ever finish the 3 year boat and trailer thread.

233 was fine for its time but it’s not 1963 anymore.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I saw a 23' fly bridge in sad condition on marketplace for 2 grand and it was in Newcastle, a lot closer than the US of A.

Pretty sure i seen that one too Noel about 5 days ago but im worried the aussie model flybridge boats are over width

I like the design of the hull but sitting on the ground like that surely termites have eatin the pod even if the whole ass was to be cut off and a regular transom built with a splashwell, do u guys think a 200-225hp 2 stroke would push it or possibly two old 140hp evinrudes? just to get it on the water

How much would that thing weigh converted into a CC?

there is this one the bloke wants 1k for the hull but u must buy all his bullshit with the hull resins, plywoods etc... that tally up 3k alone he wants 4k for the lot

Something like one of these two hulls on a trailer would be good if cheap as they are not desirable hulls like the F233

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Gazza open your eyes. I mean of all the things you could spend 12-13k AUD on importing youre seriously considering A 233? Seriously? What a bucket of piss compared to some of the locally made boats you could step up to if you ever finish the 3 year boat and trailer thread.

233 was fine for its time but it’s not 1963 anymore.
    plus another 30 to fix it plus a break away aussie made trailer for another 7-10k
    it wouldnt make sense to anyone

by the time you finish it you could have bought something like this https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/woon...rer/1265630145

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    plus another 30 to fix it plus a break away aussie made trailer for another 7-10k
    it wouldnt make sense to anyone

by the time you finish it you could have bought something like this https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/woon...rer/1265630145
    I have aboat that size now why would i want 2?

From your words you fish the bays rivers and close inshore

A 23 footer isn’t needed for that
    If you move bush it makes even less sense

You take the piss out of my tinny but im 5 hours from the coast so I just go on offshore charters instead of spending $200 in diesel to get a big boat there and back plus wear and tear extra services from towing
    Plus the ownership costs to use it a handful of times a year

If your going to pump 50k in to a boat you could have something modern was the reason for the link

Also modern hulls are more stable at rest

If it’s rough your still not going bottom bashing in a bigger boat then you have

I’d take that cruisecraft with all the gear over my old Haines anyday of the week

My V19 will likely go everywhere the 23ft will just the 23ft boat will handle the weather much better, current boat will take 60L + 2x 20L jerry cans, the 23ft will likely take 200L a 225hp 2 stroke will chew that but i would have the views of getting a 200-250 Etec or 225hp honda down the track so fuel use would be about 45L per hour

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Pretty sure i seen that one too Noel about 5 days ago but im worried the aussie model flybridge boats are over width
    It was an old Huntsman, there's plenty of them around, on trailers, not many 23' boats will be over width.

Yeah Noel i have been told they weigh about 2250kg dry with a inboard, i would guess the inboard would be the weight of a outboard, so with a trailer and fuel it should come in around 3-3.150 ton do u think? That only barely leaves about 1400kg for a tow car tho

We use to carry 300l of fuel for a day of trolling out wide
    180-200 underfloor and 5 20l jerry cans on deck
    Only in bad weather would we have to start using the 20l containers

I’d be going out in one before you fall in love with one just going off other peoples stories

https://www.carsguide.com.au/tradies...kg-myths-73141

GCM is the figure you start with
    Take away the towing weight
    Take away the vehicle weight with fuel and one driver

Then your left with how many kg the vehicle can carry ie other people and luggage stuff in the back

I donno anyone who owns one but aboat that size will be rebuilt in the backyard once finished it will be perminantly parked on the street cant really see someone floggin a 23ft huntsman

If i do rebuild one of these big boats i could possibly down the track swap my current boat for a near new 200-225hp outboard

You are 3 years into your current project. It isn't even watertight and the trailer is incomplete and unregistered. I reckon it is probably a perfect time to go and get anther boat shaped lump of fibreglass and rot to put in your back yard.

Is your current project actually a V19 or do you just call it that?

Matt