Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 244

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

  1. #136
    Ausfish Platinum Member Funchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Caloundra
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Will a 7.5-8k budget work for those extra costs?or am.i way under estimating things? Last thing i would want is to blow 6k and be 1.5k short and never get the boat and refund wouldnt be possible..

    The shipping guys yard is in Gorgeia which is right near Florida where all the boats are located
    its about 600klms
    Cheers

    Funchy
    Click "like this post" if ya reckon my dog is cute!!!!

    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

  2. #137

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Will a 7.5-8k budget work for those extra costs?or am.i way under estimating things? Last thing i would want is to blow 6k and be 1.5k short and never get the boat and refund wouldnt be possible..

    The shipping guys yard is in Gorgeia which is right near Florida where all the boats are located
    to give you an idea. I just brought in a 40ft high cube from Florida. The fumigation was done on the other side and I got lucky not to have it inspected on this side. The shipping guys tell me this was very surprising and rare. If it had been inspected and they forced a cleaning (just one ant or wasp nest or dirt of any kind) and i would have been up for transport to an AQIS accredited cleaning joint which adds to costs significantly.

    all up landed to a yard in Brisbane (transport home to be added) was just shy of 12.5k AUD.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  3. #138

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    What weight was the container Lovey? The plan was to try find a hull thats already demoed so no timber and no wet timber or trapped water at that

  4. #139

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    A stripped bare hull might not be great to transport without some kind of custom cradle and strengthening, I think a complete boat might work out better long term.

  5. #140

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    to give you an idea. I just brought in a 40ft high cube from Florida. The fumigation was done on the other side and I got lucky not to have it inspected on this side. The shipping guys tell me this was very surprising and rare. If it had been inspected and they forced a cleaning (just one ant or wasp nest or dirt of any kind) and i would have been up for transport to an AQIS accredited cleaning joint which adds to costs significantly.

    all up landed to a yard in Brisbane (transport home to be added) was just shy of 12.5k AUD.
    teaser alert your a cat fan i believe , but im stumped, didnt think a kevla cat could fit into a container

  6. #141

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    I'll be a bit short of where i wanna be to import the F233 deafinatly dont wanna wimg it and land short a few grand and be totally stuffed

    I qould love that 24ft Leeder hull in WA but thats 7k plus 5k to ship it over i could have a imported 233 for that kind of cash

  7. #142

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    This Caribbean is more my price and its on a trailer b7t whats the real difference in size and depth from my v19 to this 22 footer? Its a Caribbean Corsair hull nothing 9n google i could find im thinking it would make a awesome hard top cabin boat and its only $3000

  8. #143

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    This Caribbean is more my price and its on a trailer b7t whats the real difference in size and depth from my v19 to this 22 footer? Its a Caribbean Corsair hull nothing 9n google i could find im thinking it would make a awesome hard top cabin boat and its only $3000
    I think I read something about these once. Maybe a NZ fishing forum and from memory they did not receive a very good review. Not trying to talk you out of it, just letting you know what I read (I think).

    Good luck with your endeavour


    Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

  9. #144

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Thanks Shakey i will kerp looking

  10. #145

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    7k plus 5k to ship it over i could have a imported 233 for that kind of cash
    No you couldn't have. That's $12K. Lovey just said he did a container for $12.5K with everything going exceptionally well. Your still under his quote by $500 and haven't factored in any contingencies at this end, much less any costs at the origin such as transport to container, packing/loading, transport to shipping etc.

    Once it ships your on the hook for all costs until it clears customs and the wharf at this end and is in your driveway. If something goes wrong and you can't afford a bill, they'll happily keep billing you at a daily rate. I have no idea how that ends but I image it's bad.

  11. #146
    Ausfish Addict disorderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Jungle

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    No you couldn't have. That's $12K. Lovey just said he did a container for $12.5K with everything going exceptionally well. Your still under his quote by $500 and haven't factored in any contingencies at this end, much less any costs at the origin such as transport to container, packing/loading, transport to shipping etc.

    Once it ships your on the hook for all costs until it clears customs and the wharf at this end and is in your driveway. If something goes wrong and you can't afford a bill, they'll happily keep billing you at a daily rate. I have no idea how that ends but I image it's bad.
    The quote I took, that was the cheapest, for container pickup from the port to a yard 500m away and the unpack (just a forklift to drag a boat on a cradle out and lift it onto a trailer) and return of container was $800...most were well over 1K..and mine being a brand new alloy boat missed the customs inspections and fumigation thankfully...

    With an old 2nd hand glass boat that may contain timber there is a high likelihood of being flagged for this..

    I dont know why we are even discussing this..

    No one in their right mind, not even Gazza, is going to import a broken-assed old $200 boat, sight unseen, thats been sitting out in the paddock from the USA East coast...

    Its about as likely as him buying a 20K hobbit house in the Desert.

    next...

  12. #147

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

    I dont know why we are even discussing this..

    No one in their right mind, not even Gazza, is going to import a broken-assed old $200 boat, sight unseen, thats been sitting out in the paddock from the USA East coast...

    Its about as likely as him buying a 20K hobbit house in the Desert.
    You a betting man?

  13. #148

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Shit something i didnt take into accout is GVM is 4.5ton if the boat,motor,trailer come in at 2.8T i need atow vehicle under 1.7T that is going to be hard to find

  14. #149

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    About 2 ton plus the container.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  15. #150

    Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

    Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    teaser alert your a cat fan i believe , but im stumped, didnt think a kevla cat could fit into a container
    have you thought about dimensions if put on the piss?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us