Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Bloody Stuth... 10k to import a F233 from the USA, 5.5k just to move this one from Perth to Sydney

ItsI a 45-70k hull restored but geez shipping within oz is a killer

Here is another offshore go fast hull i would love to pick up and restore

Gazza why ship it over land from Perth. Just import a boat straight to Sydney.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Yeah it works out half the cost importing from USA

that hull in Perth was roughtly 20k delivered, u can get one from the USA delivered about 10-12k

Im trying to get some shipping quotes now, i found a formular 233 for $500 on a trailer but shipping will likely cost more than i can get for my yam 50 and borrow a couple bux on top

The bloke with the F233 is struggling hard to get rid of it and man i would snap that up in aheart beat for what hes asking just its in the USA

of course he is you could easily sink 50k into one plus some if you wanted it modernised theres 10k in stainless work on one

no ones stupid enough to think its worthwhile

Steve.. where is the 10k stainless steel? I would keep it as a runabout no canopy, if the import looks dandy for 5-6k...., new stringers, floor, transom 10k, 10k engine 250 Etec, its on a good trailer, 2k paint job

Whole rig under 30k... cheapest on gumtree is 80k for a shagged old shitter, cheapest hull no trailer no engine gutted on gumtree is 14.5k + 5.5k to ship it from WA

go and price a set of decent bow rails deck rails screen rails and solid canopy
    under 30k i doubt it and from what youve gone through with your other boat i dont know how you cant see that

im talking electronics too you can spend 10k on a 4m boat these days if your going to buld a offshore boat your not going to fit a 4 inch $200 sounder

Yeah my current boat was abit under estimated i calculated 8k im in it 16k

I calculated somewhere around the 200L of epoxy and 2 rolls of cloth, think i calculated around 15 sheets of ply that would need to be custom 38mm ply sheets

I was toldthe F233 stringers are 500mm+ tall thats just under double the height of my v19 stringers, i reckon it could be done for 10k

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah my current boat was abit under estimated i calculated 8k im in it 16k

I calculated somewhere around the 200L of epoxy and 2 rolls of cloth, think i calculated around 15 sheets of ply that would need to be custom 38mm ply sheets

I was toldthe F233 stringers are 500mm+ tall thats just under double the height of my v19 stringers, i reckon it could be done for 10k
    Gaz

We've played this game before, earlier in this thread even. You are quoting numbers and you don't even have an actual freight cost. Is the bloke who has just sold you a hull for 636AUD going to take it to the shipping company. Trailer? How are you getting from the wharf in Australia to your backyard?

Dreams are lovely but spend the time and effort to complete your current project

Matt

ItsI a 45-70k hull restored
    Don't believe the bullshit. That's what they're priced at but show me one that's actually sold at that price.

I was hopping the shipping company could arrange paying the seller, transporting the hull to the holding yard, packing it in the container and landing it at port kembla port for my pick up i would get a unregistered vehicle permit and toss on a 2" tow ball and my light board and tow it home

From what i can see the hull has been gutted of wood so it shouldnt need fumigation, it doesnt have an engine so it doesnt need cleaning, just it may cost extra to some how squash the trailer inside the container with the hull unless its a roll in roll out kind of container

A regular F233 hull weighs 1600kgs since this one is gutted with no engine my ford should be able to tow it

It all just comes down to what the shipping company charges, i wouldnt be able to afford any hidden fees or cost

Not too sure you will get it unloaded at Port Kembla, Botany maybe.

Hey Noel they all have port kembla as the ports they use from the drop down list

I was hopping the shipping company could arrange paying the seller, transporting the hull to the holding yard, packing it in the container and landing it at port kembla port for my pick up i would get a unregistered vehicle permit and toss on a 2" tow ball and my light board and tow it home

From what i can see the hull has been gutted of wood so it shouldnt need fumigation, it doesnt have an engine so it doesnt need cleaning, just it may cost extra to some how squash the trailer inside the container with the hull unless its a roll in roll out kind of container

A regular F233 hull weighs 1600kgs since this one is gutted with no engine my ford should be able to tow it

It all just comes down to what the shipping company charges, i wouldnt be able to afford any hidden fees or cost
    it will 100% need fumigation if it comes from a country that has pests on a list. Wood has nothing to do with it. I just imported something that has no wood at all from Florida and had to have it done.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.