Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    You only do these projects if your going to keep and use them they are not money making exercises

Once a outboard is lying on the ground for a forsale photo id say it’s life is over
    look at the dramas you had with that etec spent a fortune and sold for parts in the end

for a few grand more you can get a engine that’s still running well

neglect killed those old outboards save for a few months longer and buy a runner
    Hey Steve, that Etec was all gravy i just took the wrong approach, that powerhead was cactus and i had found another powerhead for $2500 at a local wreckers at the start i was $1500 deep on that engine i had $2200-$2400 left in my pocket i had just borrowed money so that 2.2 or 2.4k from memory was the only money i had left i had no money to buy food etc but bills, were paid so i made the mistake of parting out the engine i could have very likely borrowed another 400 bux but i chose not to

The engine $1500 + powerhead $2500, $4000 for a running 2011 Etec 130hp was a killer deal i screwed up

But look at what i have now $800 engine, $1200 powerr head, 2009 mercury 4 stroke 90hp for $2000

Now lets say i get another boat 15ft i'll find a 60hp 4 stroke somewhere ebay, fb, gumtree, 17 footer i may put my mercury 90 on it and get a bigger 150hp 4 stroke or hpdi, etec, optimax for the big boat

That option is still open

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Soon as the word over-capitalise gets used it makes me think, you’re thinking, you could put all this effort in and if it wasn’t to your taste you could sell it for a few extra dollars.. as soon as most people these days see old two stroke engines they immediately start budgeting for a re-power and would no where near pay what it would cost to refurbish one. Money losing exercise for sure. You’d only do it if you were certain you wanted a specific hull and planned on keeping it a long time.

Like what Noelm did with his CC Shark Cat. Though if Noelm sold his he’d probably get his money back or close to it because he went 4 stokes.
    Yeah that option will be open as 4 stroke or 2 stroke i am very handy with outboards

Rebuilding another outboard is nit what i ideally want to do i rebuilt a mercury 25hp 1998 4 stroke and with including the purchase i blew $1800 on the rebuild that i do not wannado again...

I will take on a blown powerhead for a swap tho i am just over rebuilding engines ladt year i rebuilt 3 bikes and i am just getting tired

Kinda wish i had snapped up that honda 130hp ghe other week for $450 even if it needed a powerhead out of the us it would have been agood goer for my big boat

A couple of examples of engines i find

Merc 90 4 stroke 00-05 era blown powerhead parts are cheap from usa second hand, that engine could be rebuilt for 1k

Nice hondafrom FNQ if its legit 3k absolute bargain but has 1000 hours

I would prefer a thousand hour running Honda over an unknown, low compression, not running old 2 stroke any day of the week.

Yeah when i do the smaller boat i'll try find a suitable engine, something like that 75hp honda will do perfect, maybe a 90hp etec, 90hp optimax, even a carb honda 90hp will do

Pretty good video here of a cruise craft rouge with 2x 40hp engines looks like it goes really well with 80hp

awesome thats the go nice wide transom to take the two motors , 40 hp was a wee under though , fun project though to fit two parsuns to a 15 footer

Cat notice all the weight on the front half of the boat in that video so these little sharp bowed hullsmay just like a bit of ass weight to lift the bow

I really like this model the cruise craft rouge few videos on youtube

There are a few for sale most have 60,70,90hp no v4's that i seen

They look like a ball of fun such high pitched propscavitating on a fast take off than they just scream along

I received a quote tonight 7k to import a F233 landed in oz but just getting a tow vehicle anywhere near capable will cost a fortune so i think the smaller hull is better suited

Jeez $7K would go well if you threw it at the existing project. Be finished in no time.

I wouldnt say finished in no time Gunna took me 2 hours to fillet 7 meters 12 cups of mixing.. no work today its ganna piss down

Coming to an end on my build i will have cash to save soon instead of channeling it all into the boat, still keen as mustard for a Formula 233 this one pictured is still up for $2000 USA so thats about 12k landed i also want to save to buy a cheap 40k house in mining country south australia

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Coming to an end on my build i will have cash to save soon instead of channeling it all into the boat, still keen as mustard for a Formula 233 this one pictured is still up for $2000 USA so thats about 12k landed i also want to save to buy a cheap 40k house in mining country south australia
    Getting there Gazza, but a lot of good a Formula 223 will do you in a SA outback mining town.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Just under 3 hours to the water Shakey 3 hours back 4 hours fishing, i have a good living here but when mum goes im ganna be shuffled into a 1-2 bedroom unit or flat with no parking for my boat, no garden shed and i will have to surrender my pets as i wont have a backyard

If i buy an old shitter in outback south australia i'll have everything i have now plus save close to $300 a fortnight on top of what i already spare now just i wont be near family

Works out i would be saving 16k a year if i owned a home and didnt have to pay rent, 3 years a 45k house would be paid off

Once the V19 is finished and i can save some coin i may look into something like this F233 on gumtree i have no savings atm but this little beauty is going for 14.5k out of WA gutted with no engine or trailer