Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Give me some time i'll search up every posdible thing or close to

I reckon you guys are fishing... worms are not on my menu..

For the truth. You are quick to give a generalisation I'm asking you to back it up.

Cheers Matt

I have used
    57m of double bias $570
    3x 25mm plywood $390
    3x 15mm plywood $124.50
    Epoxy resin 120 litres $2040
    Thermolite was $380
    2k paint $150
    Hydraulic steering = free
    Trailer + hull $1000
    Full short roll woven roving $55
    Bungs x 2 $15
    2 kilos fumed silica about $60
    Console $50
    T top $250
    Grinding disc, acetone, paint brushes, paint trays, paint rollers, rags, sand paper, sanding disc, few hundred bux

Ok that was ahonest calculation and its over 5k.. point takin.

Pretty hard to find the big boats i know of only 2 available both without trailers

Seems there are a ton of 15 foot glass boats out there but u dont get much room on them, a little savage or naugtiglass 15 footers would be an easy job

Pod, wave breaker, 140hp (they are rated to 85hp)

I can't say putting a 140 on any of those early design Easy Riders and so on would be a big hit, 70-90 would be plenty and bordering on max safe speeds, not to mention the weight on the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I can't say putting a 140 on any of those early design Easy Riders and so on would be a big hit, 70-90 would be plenty and bordering on max safe speeds, not to mention the weight on the transom.
    I wasthinking an older evinrude 140 would be about as powerful as a 90 etec? There would be alittle bit of boyance in the pod to lift the extra weight, the cruise crafts are rated for 85hp

One of those old 2l 140's will tow an e-tec of equal HP (let alone less) backwards any day of the week, they were a torque monster, very powerful motor, but heavy as hell!

I had a E 140hp 1996 on a 5.6m swiftcraft it did have enough power to push the boat easy, i always thought the 90 thru to 140 used the same block just different carbs

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I had a E 140hp 1996 on a 5.6m swiftcraft it did have enough power to push the boat easy, i always thought the 90 thru to 140 used the same block just different carbs
    As Noel says, there were a pair of stand alone big block loop charged engines, 120/140hp, late 80's on. you will know one when you see one, they are huge in size, fuel consumption and weight (about 30kg extra over the 1.6l cross flow engine)!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    No, the 90-115 shared a common block, but it was more than just carbs between the two, but, the 120 was a 90 degree 2 litre, huge motor, I had a cat with a pair of 120s on it, repowered with 115, DFI Evinrudes and the old motors were heaps better, except at the servo, the 120s took some feeding.

There are a few of these old girls out there that could be spruced up with a newone paint job

There was a 2007 tohatsu 140 the skinny black model on fb for $1300 low compression in one cylinder i could get something like that rebuild it and have a awesome engine for 2.5k

These are the old girls on fb unloved deals

You only do these projects if your going to keep and use them they are not money making exercises

Once a outboard is lying on the ground for a forsale photo id say it’s life is over
    look at the dramas you had with that etec spent a fortune and sold for parts in the end

for a few grand more you can get a engine that’s still running well

neglect killed those old outboards save for a few months longer and buy a runner

Soon as the word over-capitalise gets used it makes me think, you’re thinking, you could put all this effort in and if it wasn’t to your taste you could sell it for a few extra dollars.. as soon as most people these days see old two stroke engines they immediately start budgeting for a re-power and would no where near pay what it would cost to refurbish one. Money losing exercise for sure. You’d only do it if you were certain you wanted a specific hull and planned on keeping it a long time.

Like what Noelm did with his CC Shark Cat. Though if Noelm sold his he’d probably get his money back or close to it because he went 4 stokes.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.