Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

You can't just permanently park a boat on the street - someone will complain to council and you'll be ordered to move it, with fines to follow if you don't.

Also there's nothing special about a 23' boat that makes it somehow invincible compared with your 19' hull. Either one faces the same risk of theft, vandalism or accident if left in the street or even the front yard.

Just focus on completing your first dream - the 19'er - before planning new projects. A 23' boat will be more expensive in every way than what you have, and likely for little real-world benefit in the conditions you'll likely be wanting to head out in anyway.

It’s no easier
    You just have to reverse the boat up a driveway

You will have to empty everything from either boat going off you opinion of the suburb your in

[QUOTE=Mopheus;1683495]

Just focus on completing your first dream - the 19'er - before planning new projects. [quote]

First dream...ya reckon....

Since 2008 on ausfish Gazza has been following his dreams and buying up old junkers and doing basically the same thing..starting with $100 cracked and broken 3-4m tinnies and old crap motors and then getting rid of them when he realizes what junk he has bought...

This is his last one he spent 4 years building before he reckons he was cutting it up and dumping it when he got the 19 footer 3 years ago...

gazza dumster boat.jpg

Sadly I think the 19 footer might end up in the dumpster as well when a broken-ass old Bertie takes pride of place...

Sea Strike 16 by the looks? Did Gazza build that from scratch or pick up a half-done hull? Helluva lot of work and money to throw away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    Sea Strike 16 by the looks? Did Gazza build that from scratch or pick up a half-done hull? Helluva lot of work and money to throw away.
    Its on page 1 of his current boat build...I think Gaz likes the concept of owning a boat more then the actual using of a boat..

Plywood plan boat and he got a fair way through it before falling out with the guy who runs it and wouldn’t give him a builders plate

It looked really well done and I don’t know why you couldn’t have just gone with a home builders plate and lied through the paper work

Yeah I have a couple of spare plates in my desk..

IMG_2274.jpg

The Sea Strike was agreat project but i was cut off from the support line i assume for saying it was easier to rebuild an old boat than build a plywood boat, i recently heard lots of guys were having problems with rot,i have no access to the group to check tho

Just a ridiculous way of running a business you could be 95% complete than kicked out of the group

Lucky todays rules have changed on home made boats and u can actually register one now without a builders plate and inspections by a shipwright are cheap and easy to find

Gazza, have a read of this old Ausfish post about your latest dream (25 Bertram)

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...towing-weights

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

A lot of guessing in that tread Shakey they mostly point at 3ton for a 23 and 4ton for a 25

Tell me this isnt a weapon

Ausfish Silver Member

give edencraft a ring gassa.May be you can pick one up cheep(sic).

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    A lot of guessing in that tread Shakey they mostly point at 3ton for a 23 and 4ton for a 25
    BM, commented in that thread, he knows them inside out.

Hey Noel BM suggested 3.55T for the 25' i assume thats with twin v8 inboards those engines and outdrives would weigh about 500kgs each wouldnt they?

If i imported a F233 i would try snag a old v8 evinrude/johnson to chuck in the shipping container, it wouldnt be the wisest engine to use but it would push the hull untill i could get a modern 225hp second hand honda

Dont even in your wildest dreams consider an old OMC V8 (if you could find one still running)