Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

There was actually a free 6 meter sharkcat in my area about 2 weeks ago the trailer waspulled apart and the hull wss up on blocksbut it was free it musthave been snapped up already as i havent seen it again

Om guys mentioned i should look for a bertram 23 or a caribbean crusader 23 as the other two that were pictured are 2.5m wide and will be difficult to tow

23 berty look how sweet she rides it looks so smooth i would do a really slick modern cabin like a bar crusher but a huge one or go all out as a huge centre console

3 tonne minimum
    Twin v8s 50l per hour combined at cruising speed

Why mess with classic lines by trying to modernise something that isn’t

There nothing wrong with them in anyway apart from moving them if you can’t dry store or berth them at the water

Its a 23 not a 25, 23 i've read has 2.5m beam and can be trailerd

tell you what those 23 crusaders are nice , there was a unfinished bertie 23 , old mate wanted 12 k or the hull only crikey

Not cheap ay Cat, could get a F233 landed for 12k i reckon

those berties do look good with the high nose up attitude..just plowing along , say about 4 weeks back i was fishing out near montague island and could see bout 5 big berties coming from the north and they were headed for bermagui no doubt , but the formation was a line like a rugby league defence and they were spaced about 1 kilometere apart as to not to give off a huge wake i guess bloody impressive to see .

I passed a Berty like that heading out last year. My first thought was of how much water it was pushing and how big must the fuel bill be.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Been in them literally thousands of times, and they are OK, but I wouldn't be breaking my neck to get one, they have appeal to people like game fishermen that might spend a full day trolling, they have a lot of protection from the weather, decent bunks for a nap when you get bored shitless trolling for hours, have a small "kitchen" and so on, as a boat, they fill a niche market, plenty of better boats around though.

What hulls would u look at Noel?

One that fits your every day needs not dreams

Otherwise I’d have a 615 bar crusher in the shed

That you can tow store fuel service within your budget

Something every fisherman has to contend with

Apparently that big flybridge cruiser has had alot of interest but the guysselling ut think the potential buys are asking ridiculous questions, i donno maybe the seller expects the buy to turn up with an escivator to dig the pile of shit out of the ground and load it on your truck ya self, shame no trailer

Steve my v19 caribbean was out of reach financially for what i have today... i started off with a $1000 boat now i have almost reached a dream come true, so why not make a even bigger dream

Things change in your life, what's a dream today, does not suit in 5 years, right now I would like a slightly bigger tinny (a 449 instead of the 429) and about a 19-20, centre cab, completely different to years ago when the centre console cat fitted the bill perfectly, but then, maybe a bigger tinny and only one boat?

Yeah the bigger 23ft hull just appears easier all round just come home park it straight out the fron on the street grab my safety gear and fishing gear carry that inside flush the engine and go to sleep

The 19ft i will have to be pack away in the backyard thats the only hassle

If i got a 23fter and it has to be parked on the road we have a medium strip painted out the front but that is possibly 2.5 meters wide and i live on a semi main road so the chance of some idiot doing a 100ks up the 50 zone and side swipping the boat is real, none of the neighbors park on the road over night worse case they park on the footpath