Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    cant really see someone floggin a 23ft huntsman
    Gaz up here D9 dozers and graders go missing. If someone wants a 23ft boat its gone.

A new 200-225 is $23 to $28K. No one is swapping your old boat for a near new outboard!

Can you please get back to rebuilding your boat and trailer so we see something useful and stop these dream threads full of bullshit.

Tbh after he’s finished building it I’d be asking the mods to delete all the threads

You don’t on-sell something with all the liabilities these forum posts bring along with them

Even insurance companies troll the pages of 4x4 stuffing looking for reasons to cancel policies and refuse claims

CT theres a modern 225hp honda listed for 12k

Steve a lot more shit goes on with rebuilds than my boat, if your car was second hand maybe u should watch afew spash repairs and what they do to wrightoffs that are mangled wrecks a few pullsof a porta power, some bog and paint.. and that cars driving your kids to school

I love the crituqes on aus fish... give advice on one hand... say they'll never trust it on the other..

You don’t follow people’s advice it’s all your way mate so why would people trust it

And a bit of bog in a guard isn’t the same as rebuilding a boat or designing a trailer
    I’ve worked in smash repairs easy enough to pick something that played with

Same response here to any other place to use to post stuff so no needle to single ausfish out

You win Steve... my boat is a shitter

Never said that

Just said pull the thread or tidy it up if you ever sell it so your not Liable in anyway for any misadventure

CT theres a modern 225hp honda listed for 12k
    Hang on, you said near new. Big difference between that and modern. Overhead value engines have been common since 1902 and Chev have run pushrod V8's since 1917.Dual overhead cams in factory cars since 1914. Modern engines aren't far removed from designs that have been around for a hundred years.

Post the add so we can see exactly what we're talking about.

The boat will see alot of use before its even considered for a sale or swap, to rebuild a23ft hull will be aminimum 3 year project financially just rebuilding the hull, the rngine will come at the very end

The boat will see alot of use before its even considered for a sale or swap, to rebuild a23ft hull will be aminimum 3 year project financially just rebuilding the hull, the rngine will come at the very end
    Longer if your haemorrhoids play up again.

Gazza, find someone with a 233 to take a ride in. Then find someone with a 23 Shark Cat hard top to take a ride in. Outside of glassed out conditions, I can’t see any category the 233 beats the Shark Cat as a fishing boat. The 12k import costs you could buy a set of high hour second hand commercial engines in really good nick. A potential 40+knot boat that will maintain higher cruise speeds in almost all conditions.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

And a sharkey is a shitload easier to rebuild that a 233

I personally would look for a 20' Sharkcat, much smaller to tow and power, miles of room, great performance, but not exactly easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I personally would look for a 20' Sharkcat, much smaller to tow and power, miles of room, great performance, but not exactly easy to find.
    And if you found one needing a new transom and stringers you could go an all non-wood refurbishment that reduces weight and add large pods to take 150-200 Fourstrokes and it would be a rocket ship.

edit to add: Harder than finding one would be beating Adam Sharkcat to the sale.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

You win Steve... my boat is a shitter
    Don’t be hard on yourself mate- ur not exactly a tradesman