Thread: Tezza's Trailers - WA

Tezza's Trailers - WA

Heard some good things about Tezza's Trailers so had them build me a new trailer. Picked it up this morning and am stoked with it.

It's their OS50ELB HD base (5m single axle Easy Loader trailer w/ mechanical disc brakes and 1.5T running gear) plus:

• 50mm axle / 1.7T ATM upgrade
    • Extra crossmember
    • Double centre rollers + centring skids
    • Poly rollers
    • Central walkway (to axle)
    • Drop wheel
    • Swing around drawbar
    • Break back
    • Rear side guides
    • Greased dust caps

100 PFC chassis, 75 PFC cross members, 100 SHS 4 drawbar. Went with slipper springs as I have clearance issues to work within and shackled springs were going to raise bed height too much. Weighed 0.50T on the weighbridge so on the hefty side.

Just under $7k including rego, which is about $1k more than I was quoted for a bog standard 1.45T Dunbier 5.3m Supa Rolla box trailer w/out all the extras listed.

Only fault I've picked thus far is that the side guides have warped during welding and aren't true to 90°. Would have loved torsion axle too but they don't offer it.

Anyways, just my 2c as a happy customer. Worth chatting to IMO if you're after a galv channel trailer in Perth. Expect a 4-5 month wait time though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Tezza's Trailers - WA

The rest of the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 100 PFC C channels are far superior to 3mm shs/rhs it only has one wall but the steel is much thicker that is probably why your at 500kg empty weight it will be avery solid trailer

That c channel steel might be used in construction i have seen it here but only one bloke was selling it

After having torsion axles on the old cat trailer and converting to leaf springs because I couldn’t wait for new ones to be delivered I’m glad I didn’t. Maybe the original torsion axles were over weight for the boat but the trailer was a lot smoother on the road with the leaf springs and the trailer was a lot more forgiving on the boat.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Great, thanks for the feedback. It behaved itself and felt smooth on the freeway coming home today so I don't have a complaint with the slippers per se.

The ball load is way too high without a boat on there though. I can't budge the front of the trailer off the ground and it read off-scale on our 150kg bathroom scales. Will take the swing-around drawbar off tomorrow and see how much that helps. Might need to relocate the spare to the back as well until the boat's loaded on. We're heading across the Nullabor next week to visit family in Adelaide and pick up the boat, so I need it to behave. The car is rated to 225kg towball load but we'll have a fridge and stuff in the boot so really would like the ball load down around 120kg max.

Also noticed that the jockey wheel doesn't retract far enough to allow the drop wheel to contact the ground, which is a bit of a problem. No way to swap from jockey wheel to drop wheel without manually lifting the front of the trailer to allow the jockey wheel to be swung up. Think I'll have to ask Tezza's to cut the swing arm and replace it with one ~50mm longer. The drop wheel is custom to my trailer (HD hub on LD drop wheel mechanism; no room for HD mechanisms on my teensy drawbar) which is where the problem likely arose.

I’d wait until the boat is on to check the balance. With the outboard hanging way off the back it could balance it up quite a bit.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I’d wait until the boat is on to check the balance. With the outboard hanging way off the back it could balance it up quite a bit.
    For sure, but I'm crossing the Nullabor with it unladen first. 2700km is probably enough distance to cause some damage to the rear suspension of the Calais if it's overloaded. Not to mention the effects of lightened steering on handling at speed.

I removed the swing around drawbar completely (32kg) and moved the spare to the back of the trailer - ball weight is now 118kg. I think that'll be okay. I could move the drop wheel mount to the back too for the trip over which I'm guessing would drop ball weight to 105-110kg.

Tezza's are making a new drop wheel arm that's 50mm longer so I can just do a swap over. Pretty happy with that.

Any recommendations for rust protection? Inox MX3 vs fish oil vs ???