Thread: Arvor

Arvor

Personal photo's and information deleted

Re: Arvor

It looks more like a planning hull shape to me. Just those little diesel inboards they put in them don’t have them moving very fast. I bet it will plane with a 150+ outboard.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

yep ..spent some time fishing from one ..A much misunderstood design.....originally a commercial fishing boat I gather for the North Sea...so it was made to be tidy in poor seas..The vessel I was on had a diesel inboard and hummed along very nicely .....but overall Im guessing they needed to spark up the speed .Not for a lot of people..there are haters... and pretty pricey...but very good seaworthy platform.

Personal info deleted

Moose Man Anthony works on these guys he may have some input?

the raised bow line and the lil wheel house is like a little tug boat , pocket trawler , i like the look of em they look comfortable but not for everyone i guess

Used to own a Arvor 250. They are a good stable fishing platform very beamy with stacks of room to fish off. They are made in Poland and in my opinion of very average build quality, at least mine was. The 250 maxed out about 27 knots with the cummins diesel engine with a comfortable cruise at 20 knots. The big thing I didn't like was a tendency to broach in any large following sea... had a couple of white knuckle rides..

Yeah broaching is a big problem with boats in general, i have had some frightening moments