Thread: Best way to spot a gutter on a lengthy beach?

Best way to spot a gutter on a lengthy beach?

Hey guys i was talking to my cousin early this morning and he mentioned he wanted to head out for a fish he mentioned the beach but that limits us to Cronulla and Gery Beaches, Gery beach being in the national park thats abit of fuel and national park fees etc.. small beach i have only fished once before caught a few tailor just after dark full moon on a metal slug we went back the next day during daylight and it was chokas of fishos right where we were the night before

Cronulla would be preferrable but the beach is so long too far from the car not physically but i dont wanna let the car get knocked off

Anyway whats the easiest way of spotting a gutter from the carpark or walkway to the beach? Are gutters all along the beach or are there only a couple to so many kms?

I have never really been a beach fisho and i will likely only be able to squeeze in a 2 hour session

I donno my cousibs plans he will likely use bait, my plan will be to cast some small 15g metal slices/slugs i would be happy to catch some tailor its been 2 years since i wet a line

Re: Best way to spot a gutter on a lengthy beach?

Gutters can be anywhere, just look for darker water with no waves breaking, sometimes they will start right at the beach, other times they might be running along the beach, pretty easy to see.

Best way to spot a gutter on a lengthy beach?

Gazza, I’m surprised you didn’t go straight to YouTube for this one. There are plenty there for you to watch and learn from. Good luck

As Noel says they can be anywhere

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

I didnt think to check youtube, thanks fellas

If you can get a bit of height, say on top of a sand hill or similar, will make it easier to spot the deeper water.

I tried looking for the rip at cronulla about 10 years ago i could only see probably 600 meters up the beach and couldnt see a rip

The only obe i knowof is where the rip makes a Y in the edge of the sand as it channels out to the ocean

My cousin never got back to me about heading out this weekend