Thread: Stabicraft coppin a floggin 40mi out

Stabicraft coppin a floggin 40mi out

This Stabicraft just popped up on my videos to watch i really hope this old glass girl im working on handles this kind of sea easy as this is a very average day out for me but my mates are at the helm while im kicking back

This little Stabi looks like its doing 10kms an hour in those very moderate seas

Re: Stabicraft coppin a floggin 40mi out

It’s a bit hard to go much faster than that especially when the waves look like they are popping up from nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    It’s a bit hard to go much faster than that especially when the waves look like they are popping up from nowhere.

To me it appears about 1.5m swell with .8 chop on top wishy aashy stuff but for a modern hull they are going so slow and look how wet the bloke is

I wont be going 40miles out but i atlease hope to gain some ground in those seas

pppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Gazza, if you listen carefully, I think he's sais he Trolling for tuna, hence Trolling speed

Col

Also states he is only 20 miles off shore

Matt

Ahh ok i thought he was heading back i thought he said he took on 40 gallons of water at that speed

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    To me it appears about 1.5m swell with .8 chop on top wishy aashy stuff but for a modern hull they are going so slow and look how wet the bloke is

I wont be going 40miles out but i atlease hope to gain some ground in those seas
    Maybe in a 30 footer. Anything smaller you would be having a fair bit of air time. I thought it looked more like a bar crossing at first.

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    Maybe in a 30 footer. Anything smaller you would be having a fair bit of air time. I thought it looked more like a bar crossing at first.

Yep and I've yet to see a video where it even closely resembles the actual conditions. I recall leaving the camera on in very rough conditions once and when played back thought the conditions actually looked reasonable.

ppppppppppppppppppppp

looks like one of those little 481 stabis in a bunch of short sharp slop , boats short enough to fit between the sets and trolling as has already been said

he would be airborne ever wave set if he was trying to plane, i dont see the issue its behaving just like my slightly larger cruisecraft did ie a small boat in lumpy shitty conditions