Thread: Honda Outboard Dealers - Brisbane

Honda Outboard Dealers - Brisbane

Hi All.

First time poster. I thought I'd join the forum to learn and hopefully share something useful in the future

I have a 1999 Quintrex Hornet Trophy, currently fitted with a Johnson 35hp 3-cyl 2-stroke, and thinking of re-powering with either a Tohatsu or Honda 4-stroke, 40Hp or even 50Hp. Beginning my research now.

It seems that a few years ago, there were Honda outboard dealers almost everywhere. But not so now. The Honda Australia website is pretty ordinary and I get lots of random "403 forbidden with these credentials" errors. The dealer listing in Brisbane even shows up a few car dealers as well as shops that seem to sell outboards as a sideline to other core business. Has something gone on with Honda that has changed their dealer base?

Thanks.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Honda Outboard Dealers - Brisbane

Hey mate, Garry aka Spaniard King on this site is a Honda dealer and marine mechanic. He’s down the Gold Coast under Silver Service Marine. I doubt there is a better Honda dealer around the country. He used to service my outboards until I moved. Pretty sure he still runs a mobile service.
    Here’s the link mate.

https://www.ssmarine.com.au/
    Matilda

If your Northside Brissy, well even if your not TLC Marine at Brendale mate.

Tom is a wealth of knowledge, very competitive, nothing too hard, honest and helpful.

Give him a buzz and tell him Watto recommended you - 0433150470.

Quote Originally Posted by Watto79 View Post
    If your Northside Brissy, well even if your not TLC Marine at Brendale mate.

Tom is a wealth of knowledge, very competitive, nothing too hard, honest and helpful.

Give him a buzz and tell him Watto recommended you - 0433150470.
    Another vote for Tom from TLC Marine. Very helpful and reasonable prices. Cheers SS.

I have never bought from or used Spaniard King but he use to frequient this forum and is or was a site sponsor i think

I would chose this bloke he has a good reputation

I heard a whisper (completely unsubstantiated) that Honda was thinking of getting out of the marine market, be a shame if they did. My local Honda guy is still going OK.

I heard the other day Seven Marine is pulling the pin too

Local guys here were Honda and Evinrude. They have just moved and now have Yamaha and Evinrude signage. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I heard the other day Seven Marine is pulling the pin too
    volvo penta bought them out and pulled the pin on the, after a couple of years. Was always a strange buy.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    volvo penta bought them out and pulled the pin on the, after a couple of years. Was always a strange buy.
    Yeah thats it they said the future is electric and electric hybred

I'm on the south side. But I went for a drive today and met Tom at TLC Marine. Very friendly man and spent much longer with me than the both previous Tohatsu dealers combined! I like the idea that the salesman is also the mechanic!

Tom is a good young kid, been in the gig since he left school and has knowledge far beyond his years trust me..

Has worked at a few of the big name dealerships during that time but has learnt plenty from that and how to really look after a customer, some of the big guys lose that!

And yeah you couldn't meet a nicer bloke if you tried

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Local guys here were Honda and Evinrude. They have just moved and now have Yamaha and Evinrude signage. 🤷
    Local guy here was ETEC but they have all disappeared from the boats and not a motor to be seen around the place except on 2nd hand boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Local guy here was ETEC but they have all disappeared from the boats and not a motor to be seen around the place except on 2nd hand boat.
    Last time this happened (OMC shut down) , Yamaha went on a dealer recruitment drive. Be interesting to see if this happens again or whether the local bloke down here was a one off and has dropped Honda.

Honda is not pulling out of the marine game. Just FYI all brands are have stock issues with engines below 100HP. The next Honda 50 available in the country will be feb 2021 and these are being sold off the incoming ship
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech