Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Motor or not ?

Re: New Motor or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    You only live once..

and with interest rates so low, money in the bank is pretty much useless..

Buy your dreamboat and get amongst it....stripper pole on the back deck would also be a nice touch...
    I'm hearing you. disco lights, sub woofer and a 100inch plasma

The idea of the big bertie is to make it a second home................ seriously could live on it anchored up in Lady Musgrave lagoon for a few months at a time..

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Not wanting to Hi-Jack The main thread.
    Scott, in your situation, with your hull, Should you eventually have to upgrade your engine, What would you go for ?? I only ask that, as you being an Etec owner and from what I've seen you post, you've had a great run with it and am sure your happy with it's performance,,, but what Motor, size etc would you have to look at on your hull, to get an equivalent performance ?,Since Etec would be out of the equation ??? I'm sure there's probably quite a few owners out there that in time will have to look at other options...
    Have 4 strokes closed the gap enough ??
    Now, I just stood up, spun in a circle, tapping my head,, all to ensure I haven't jinxed you in any way ..

Col
    Current front runner would be the Merc V6 225. Second choice - Yamaha 200 in line 4. Equivalent performance - the 4 banger will be quieter, use less fuel and have the same top end with the same horsepower once propping is sorted. It would only lose out in servicing costs to maintain warranty (low hours mean oil use is negligible for the E-Tec by comparison) and slightly in hole shot but she isn't a ski boat. Another E-Tec...........not after BRP's carry on - or any other BRP product for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I'm hearing you. disco lights, sub woofer and a 100inch plasma

The idea of the big bertie is to make it a second home................ seriously could live on it anchored up in Lady Musgrave lagoon for a few months at a time..

LP
    Live the dream, trust me, blink and you'll miss it.

I guess if u can afford a horse why keep the donky haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Live the dream, trust me, blink and you'll miss it.
    Yep, agree, that was kind of what I was alluding to in my other post, 10 years sees a lot of changes in your life, but it goes so fast, I don't think any different than I did decades ago, but, I have adult kids, grand kids in high school and driving cars....when/how did that happen? Why when I mow the lawn does it seem like it's a big job? getting up a ladder seems spooky? life just zips by, do what you want now, but, keep a plan in mind too.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I went through a similar situation a few years back. Choice was upgrade the trailer boat with a 3000 Noosa cat or buy a house at Agnes water.

The wife wanted the Noosa cat (true!) as she knew that was what memories were made of and we could spend holidays/weekenders at Lady Mus/Tangas etc.
    My heart wanted the cat but the head, and people around me who I sought advice from said the house is the “smart” thing to do.

I went with the house. 2 years after the purchase of the house my wife was diagnosed with Triple negative Breast cancer (4 years now in remission) and I guess what I’m trying to say Phill, is don’t worry about the money side of things, shit happens along the way that is out of our control and do what makes you happy. Stripper pole and all.😎
    Matilda

I have to agree with the sentiment, don’t spend it “all”, but do spend it. Whatever makes you happy(er).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pppppppppppppppppppp

Hi
    I have just gone through the same situation. Going into retirement and looking at upgrading my cars and boat.
    Decided to stick with the cars we have and change out the outboard on my boat.
    There was no problems with my outboard it had done around 1400 hours without any issues. Basically just wanted warranty again, better fuel economy, add value to boat and reliability.
    I went from a L6 Verado to one of the new V8 Verado's. Its still being basically run in but a great improvement so far over the old outboard. Better fuel economy, cruises on the plane at a lot lower speed, a lighter outboard. And 6 years warranty looks like the service costs will be cheaper also.
    Hopefully it will last the next ten years or more before my back is stuffed from bouncing around on boats and its time to sell or hand down to the kids.
    One bit of advice I can give is advertise your current outboard privately and see how you go. Most dealers want your old outboard but wont pay out what its worth. It ended up being one of my main reasons for upgrading I got what I wanted selling privately. If I did not get the right money I would of been happy to keep it for another year and try again.

Mark.

Just seen a video on fb of a yammie 250f dyno retune punching out 330hp

Why are manufacturers under rating by a good margin

I would say that would be the "Nizpro" turbo upgrade, most manufacturers ratings are pretty good, unless you own a Mercury, Internet myth dictates they are way underrated, all Suzuki's are weak HP, all Honda's are heavy and Yamahas just fall to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I would say that would be the "Nizpro" turbo upgrade, most manufacturers ratings are pretty good, unless you own a Mercury, Internet myth dictates they are way underrated, all Suzuki's are weak HP, all Honda's are heavy and Yamahas just fall to bits.
    Agreed, looked at claimed figures of a rechipped 150 hp Yammie (spefically my model) and my current figures were better all around. I spoke to the guy doing it and jhe claimed he could do better. When I mentioned that my performance was already as good as his rechipped speeds/torque/economy he started talking of boat weights etc. Surprisingly the boat it was on was lighter than mine so should have performed better.

Sorry LP -we are digressing from your original post.
    Have you worked out a decision on what you might do.

This maybe why manufacturersare going electric check the power in this video

Lipo batteries are not getting any smaller tho