Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: livescope sounder sizes

livescope sounder sizes

im about to bite the bullet and order a kit but am unsure on a minimum sounder size to buy
    i dont fish enough to justify a 10k combo but i dont want to buy something not usable

basically a 8410 and livescope transducer setup plus pole, mounts, battery is within my budget ($6500) and a 8412 would be $1200 more
    other options are the garmin 125 ultra which is a 12 inch screen with the same pricing as the 10 inch 8410

so basically if 10 inch is sufficient to be useable ill go that way but if its not is the lower pixel count 125 ultra an alternative before spending another $1200 on the 8412.

Re: livescope sounder sizes

so the higher pixle count on the 8410 is pretty good for sure. it has the highest pixle density of.. well any unit available
    that being said, the drop down on the Echomap Ultra 105 Is still rather good and may not be that noticable for some people compared to the Full HD of the echomap

what sort of boat do you have steve?

Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

420 renegade
    I got to experience live scope a few weekends ago fishing for yellow belly on a pair of 8412s
    Amazing way to fish

a 8416 would be ideal but have to set the total spend amount somewhere

if youre considering the future then i would look at the 8410xsv. is very much a power house and would offer a tonne of futureproofing.
    However. if your relitivly close to your unit the 105echomap ultra is rather sufficient

would you ever want to run twin systems?

Moose

www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    if youre considering the future then i would look at the 8410xsv. is very much a power house and would offer a tonne of futureproofing.
    However. if your relitivly close to your unit the 105echomap ultra is rather sufficient

would you ever want to run twin systems?

Moose
    Hi moose
    i have a 95SV UHD on the console atm and $4500 for a second unit to replace this wouldnt be justifiable for my use

the 8410 live scope mounts poles is within my budget
    was more inquiring if a 10 inch screen even with the higher resolution over a lower resolution uhd 12 unch unit would show enough detail if that makes sense
    also the uhd models come with a standard transducer and amps where the 8410 is just a screen

Get Moose to set you up with one of his big screen packages. Surely someone makes a waterproof 40 inch telly . Screen size does matter but resolution is the key to sharp images. Provided the reduced screen size then doesn't make the image too small to physically see (which it won't in this case IMO) you will be all good.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Hi moose
    i have a 95SV UHD on the console atm and $4500 for a second unit to replace this wouldnt be justifiable for my use

the 8410 live scope mounts poles is within my budget
    was more inquiring if a 10 inch screen even with the higher resolution over a lower resolution uhd 12 unch unit would show enough detail if that makes sense
    also the uhd models come with a standard transducer and amps where the 8410 is just a screen
    i think the 8410's 10" system does justify itself with the higher resolution. also considering though that the screen itself is more a 4:3 format where as the echomap ultra 125 is a 16:9 format. this does allow for a nicer amount of pixles for "depth"

www.moosemarine.com.au

may have not be clear with my typing as been on night shift and am buggered

in reply to your question would i want to run twin systems
    i have a95sv on the console and will install a live scope system with a 8410 on the front deck
    i couldnt justify the cost for the amount of fishing i do to replace the 95sv with a second 8410 on the console

two sounders transducers poles batteries is a 10k outlay

so the setup will be
    console with 95sv and standard tyransducer on rear of boat
    front deck 8410 just with a live scope and pole setup only

Cool man

It is worth mentioning though that the Echomap 95SV UHD and a Echomap Ultra can be networked together to share sonar data, the echomap ultra having two GMN ports would allow the LVS32 module connected and then a second GMN ethernet cable connected to the rear echomap 95SV.
    This would allow the front ULTRA unit to use sonar data from the GT52 transducer and share waypoints. as well as the rear ECHOMAP 95UHD to use the livescope system

Moose

www.moosemarine.com.au

edit

i misread it

so gps map wont be able to connect with the 95sv uhd which is a shame

Ended up ordering a 8410 and a live scope transducer
    still have to save a few dollars for a pole and ram mounts

thanks for all the advice

Got to say Livescope is excellent and the SV95 is ready for the GLS10. The contrast is very good on the SV95 Plus running LS and from what I have seen the Ultra in 10 inch either doesn't show lures etc as well with LS due to softer colours or otherwise doesn't give much of a better picture. The 84xx however is a different story. But even then Livescope doesn't pick up as much benefit from big screens and more pixels than say sidevu. There is no question that the Ultra or 84xx running the GT54 UHD (can't wait for the GT56...) gives a vast improvement in side and downvu versus the SV95 running an 800hz transducer.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Maybe might win lotto and get a second 8410
    two 10 inch screens and transducers ram mounts etc is worth half the boat new

probably should have mounted it on a rotatable ram mount off the console so can be seen from deck and helm
    anyway too late now

will save the pennies again and see what happens

Didn’t want to start a new thread

but instead of a dedicated battery just for the Sounders what about a large 80 amp hybrid crank/deep cycle
    can fit a 80 amp easy enough in the cradle where the start battery is now where as finding somewhere for a third battery that doesn’t end up on the deck of the boat is hard to do

I’m only starting a 50hp Yamaha

Don't bother with a 3rd battery. Assuming 1 for a electric and the other start/general use.

A sealed/agm hybrid will do the job for you, Steve. Hybrids are a compromise (not really yr a.s. or yr elbow) and 80 amp job overkill. Lower yr sights a little.

Unless u're in really cold country (-18 degrees C), don't bother looking at CCA figures. At more likely temps ( 0 degrees C or similar), the MCA figure (marine cranking amps) is the one to look for. It'll be higher than the CCA figures quoted for your choice.

The sounders won't draw much current anyway and (as you say) a 50hp start won't load it. The sounders will only draw an amp or so each so u won't be deep-cycling anything.

I would go marine though as the plates have different (more robust) construction to those of a normal crank battery.