Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Shipping Advice

International Shipping Advice

I know a few on these pages in the past shipped big items from the US to Australia. I'm looking at getting a 40ft Highh Cube container from the US to Brisbane. Can anyone pass on any experience, do's and don't? Recommended companies/brokers to handle the shipping for me?

Cheers
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Re: International Shipping Advice

It sounds like a bugga of a time to get things shipped...

I dont know how different it is from the US but I see a fella getting a boat from the same factory in China where I got my boat has paid more then double what I was quoted last year when I got a container in..apart from delays they also quoted him $2900 US and then once shipped emailed to say they couldnt get it on that boat and had too put it on a more expensive boat at $3500 US..

This same thing was tried on me and a half dozen other guys that I am aware of ...missed that boat, more expensive time of year etc....only one silly guy paid the extra...the rest including myself said they were only paying the original quoted price...

Apparently there is also now a surcharge by some shipping lines up to $350US ..

I'm not sure about the wharf and unloading costs now but you need to get quotes off a few companies as the costs there can vary wildly and it also depends on how far you want to haul the container and have it picked up once done with it.......just google import brokers/customs clearance etc and shoot them all a email detailing what you want done and pick the one that best suits....its possible to do it all yourself but if you mess up and flag yourself for a customs inspection then its more time and money...so I had a broker fill out the customs forms and clear it and then I arranged the pickup back to a nearby yard in the port precinct that had equipment to unload and an area for me to build a trailer and load the boat on....

Hi Lovey,

I am a customs broker, been in the gig for a little while (20 years).

The above described by Disorderly is unfortunately the norm out of China presently caused mainly by lack of space, limited sailings and port congestion.

Then throw in very few air options and peak season with the lead up to Christmas and yeh you have a mess!

US is presently not having the same issues, occasional delays but nothing to that extent thankfully.

What does the container consist of if you don't mind me asking?

I would be only too happy to assist you with advice, answer your questions and provide you with some pricing if you desire, flick me a PM.

Thanks,

Lovey if your not buying a full container of american chocolate bars you must be buying a really big boat u lucky .... 40ft container 30ft boat? Thats wet dreams

Watto on ya for helping out top stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Lovey if your not buying a full container of american chocolate bars you must be buying a really big boat u lucky .... 40ft container 30ft boat? Thats wet dreams

Watto on ya for helping out top stuff
    all to be revealed in good time. If I pull it off.

They have some serious boat over there double, triple, quad outboards they love burning fuel

Hi Watto79,

PM sent.

Received, have sent you an email mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    all to be revealed in good time. If I pull it off.
    awesome im picking its gonna be a gradywhite 236 fisherman .

I'm sure you are getting the right advice already but just my 2 cents is that it is tough to get things through Botany at the moment. 1 of the companies I work for has had ships divert to Melbourne to avoid the bottle neck in Botany. Then containers still have to get to the warehouse in Sydney. It is even hard to get dog shit bags. 20201027_085934.jpg

What is this dispute about? This is the main boat ramp i use for outside fishing

Hopefully no more bs expansions going up, there aweful marine navigation 12 years or so ago almost had us intangle in the nets

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post

awesome im picking its gonna be a gradywhite 236 fisherman .
    really nice boat. But it’s missing one major thing that’s a deal breaker for me.........a second hull.

Lovey are you buying a one of those huge american centre console cats? Damn they look nice!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Lovey are you buying a one of those huge american centre console cats? Damn they look nice!
    not sure I can justify those sort of dollars for recreation. And they wouldn’t come close to fitting in a container.

just recieved a tool i bought to do my valve stem seals on my jeep , from florida USA , only took 13 days to get to my door, not bad considering i waited 13 days to get my CSM/matting from newcastle NSW..