Thread: Four days on Shark Bay

Ausfish Platinum Member

Four days on Shark Bay

A short video on our recent trip up to Shark bay for a liveaboard on the Reefrunner. just my wife and myself, we just more or less cruise , do a bit of fishing. This part of the bay was all new to her. We stayed on the inside of Dirk Hartog, went out past Steep Point for a look. The shallow waters of the bay are thick with pink snapper, but the legal size is 500mm, so lots of fun on light gear, not too many keepers. But we caught a few up to 600mm.
    Enjoy

Re: Four days on Shark Bay

Living the dream there.

Nice vid Ranmar. One of them Caribbean's parked on the bitumen in the middle of Mandurah this arvo - poor bugger. Saw it on facebook.

stunning place of beauty ,nice camera shots some of those rocks look kinda strange real square shape to em ,not ship wrecks are they

Which breed of drone do you use, interested in getting one.l

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Nice vid Ranmar. One of them Caribbean's parked on the bitumen in the middle of Mandurah this arvo - poor bugger. Saw it on facebook.
    Yes, saw that looked like a 2300/2400. Never rely on the winch cable to secure your boat to the trailer......

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Which breed of drone do you use, interested in getting one.l
    Mine is actually superseded now--actually, it was superseded when I bough it, really good deal----it is a DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. All of the DJI stuff is good. The Mavic range has the folding legs, makes them really compact--it literally folds up into a bag which you would be battling to fit four cans into. But less room for error when you need to snatch them out of mid air. The big Phantoms have the leg loops underneath which make them much easier to catch off a boat, but need a big case to carry them around in.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    stunning place of beauty ,nice camera shots some of those rocks look kinda strange real square shape to em ,not ship wrecks are they
    No they are just square limestone slabs, they do look unusual. No kelp growth on them--the water coming out of the Bay is often very warm, just too hot for kelp. That part is referred to as South Passage as it is the south entrance to the whole huge Shark Bay area, between Dirk Hartog island and the mainland.

Great video Ran love the clarity of that blue water looking down

The pro drone had the best camera without going to the matrice and big professional dji drones i have been playing with mine the past week to get it sortedfor some video when i dip my boat