Thread: Baffle Creek Fishing Forum

Baffle Creek Fishing Forum

If you love fishing in Baffle Creek this is the place for you. Sharing techniques, stories and catches is what its all about.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/4731128100292995

Re: Baffle Creek Fishing Forum

Thanks Wayne. I was too slow In pulling the trigger on a block of land up that way last week. Still kicking myself for not acting sooner.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I have a mate goes there reasonably regularly, I will tell him about it.

Mate where were you looking? I have 40 acres for sale, in Deepwater two dwelling on the property, large dam.

There was.a 23 acre property on the north side of the creek that had about 150m water frontage. I don’t suppose you know how much the lower reaches of Baffle get affect by floods?

Yep, if your on the river you wanna be building no lower than about 10-12 metres above sea level. in the floods of 2011 and 13 which they call a 1 in a hundred year event there were houses right on the water which you could not see for water..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Mate where were you looking? I have 40 acres for sale, in Deepwater two dwelling on the property, large dam.
    hey? What’s the go here then?

Not my place bud, They'll be carrying me out of this place in a box..

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    There was.a 23 acre property on the north side of the creek that had about 150m water frontage. I don’t suppose you know how much the lower reaches of Baffle get affect by floods?
    There use to be pub on the creek in baffle itself but it washed away got a mate living close by up muller road it can run one way for a long time in the rainy season its a pretty place but local knowlage is allways the best thing when buying land there the realeste want tell you anything.

In 2011 the pub was flooded and rebuilt due to a 1 in 100 years event. 2013 the same thing happened again so the owners wernt game to go again and now just the bar/ bottleshop up on the main rd...

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    There use to be pub on the creek in baffle itself but it washed away got a mate living close by up muller road it can run one way for a long time in the rainy season its a pretty place but local knowlage is allways the best thing when buying land there the realeste want tell you anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    In 2011 the pub was flooded and rebuilt due to a 1 in 100 years event. 2013 the same thing happened again so the owners wernt game to go again and now just the bar/ bottleshop up on the main rd...
    was the pub on the creek or up on the road?

from the balconey of the pud you could look straight over the edge into the water but it would have been 8-10mt above sea level.

Yes one in a hundred pub that was the appeal of the Baffle when we first visited and the Wartburg races which stopped.

I suppose getting flooded out twice in 3 years for floods that happen only once in a hundred would have been heartbreaking. And I can imagine the insurance costs would have been prohibitive after that.

oh yeah....