Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of poly board to infill console

Re: What type of poly board to infill console

I guess in a funny kind if way, it's the biggest bonus of a CC, the rods can be stored vertical in the centre if the boat, not along the side or somewhere. Years ago, one of my mates had a "big" Mako CC (shit of a boat) but back then it was a dream machine, the console was really wide, so you could stand a pile of rods the storage racks, out of the way, mind you, a big metal jig with a big treble attached flying around was common....ahh, the folly of youth!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I guess in a funny kind if way, it's the biggest bonus of a CC, the rods can be stored vertical in the centre if the boat, not along the side or somewhere. Years ago, one of my mates had a "big" Mako CC (shit of a boat) but back then it was a dream machine, the console was really wide, so you could stand a pile of rods the storage racks, out of the way, mind you, a big metal jig with a big treble attached flying around was common....ahh, the folly of youth!
    My first boat was a CC (Quinny 535 Reef Raider) - I had rods in front & on the port side of the console .... that took care of about 10 rods - then another 4 were in the lean post . It was great .
    Btw velcro wrap was a great way of keeping those hooks & lures in check

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

The boat isn’t long enough for a rod locker of any useful size as some of the swimbait rods are 7”8
    with commonsense their is very little risk and there are many more risky things that occur when boating

for the price of the rods I normally leave them unrigged and have a clip so 60-150gm lures aren’t damaging the rods or reels

Just have to be careful when throwing lures that you don’t hit the rods and damage them

ppppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab;[URL="tel:1691262"
    1691262[/URL]]Looks great. top job there Steve...
    Thanks just hope the boat doesn’t end up on the same side as the photo lol

pppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab;[URL="tel:1691267"
    1691267[/URL]]It's hard to see from the photo Steve, but is that the white cutting board stuff ???
    Either way, you can create some great looks with the stuff. I've sika'd some pieces together to pack my under floor tank with, it's not effected by chemicals fuel etc, great stuff to play with...

Col
    I don’t want to sound like a idiot, but I bought it that long ago I don’t remember.
    pretty sure it’s just white hdpe 12mm thick was about $35 for the piece
    shift workers memory is my excuse

I will repeat, do NOT use cutting boards for marine/outdoor use, it's nothing like HDPE, it might look similar but, that's were it ends.

pppppppppppppppp