Thread: Fishes for Fishes?

Fishes for Fishes?

I heard a news story on the way to work about a program to increase fish stocks in the Maroochy River, Pumicestone passage and Deception Bay areas, but can’t find any info. I think it was called Fishes for Fishes, but could be wrong. Anyone hear anything about this?

Re: Fishes for Fishes?

Quote Originally Posted by MickS View Post
    I heard a news story on the way to work about a program to increase fish stocks in the Maroochy River, Pumicestone passage and Deception Bay areas, but can’t find any info. I think it was called Fishes for Fishes, but could be wrong. Anyone hear anything about this?
    Hey Mick we have had the fish restock in sydney we have had a huge number of king fish released but in thepast 12 months im yet to hear of anyone catching those fish

One guy said he caught plenty but i think he was taking the piss

Think our first release was 20,000 second release 6,500 and n9t one caught

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey Mick we have had the fish restock in sydney we have had a huge number of king fish released but in thepast 12 months im yet to hear of anyone catching those fish

One guy said he caught plenty but i think he was taking the piss

Think our first release was 20,000 second release 6,500 and n9t one caught
    Gaz

What size where the kingfish that were released ?

Unless these fish were tagged - would they be reported ? Kingfish respond well - just look at what happened at port stephens a few years back when the Kingfish pens were breached during the big storms ......... a kingy bonanza .

Anecdotally - the mulloway fishing in the Georges river has never been better thanks to stocking

Mate - don't poo poo the stocking of fish into our waterways ....... it is a successful program & one that we should all be behind as amateur fishoes

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Gaz

What size where the kingfish that were released ?

Unless these fish were tagged - would they be reported ? Kingfish respond well - just look at what happened at port stephens a few years back when the Kingfish pens were breached during the big storms ......... a kingy bonanza .

Anecdotally - the mulloway fishing in the Georges river has never been better thanks to stocking

Mate - don't poo poo the stocking of fish into our waterways ....... it is a successful program & one that we should all be behind as amateur fishoes

Chris
    Hey Chris i cant remember the sizes but they were small so if someone caught one you'd know as the normal size in botany bay is around 50-55cm the released fish were much smaller, i asked a couple of times on the fisheries fb post if anyone had caught one yet and only the one bloke commented

Fishes for Fishes?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey Chris i cant remember the sizes but they were small so if someone caught one you'd know as the normal size in botany bay is around 50-55cm the released fish were much smaller, i asked a couple of times on the fisheries fb post if anyone had caught one yet and only the one bloke commented
    September 2018, 9000, 35-40cm yellowtail kingfish were released into Botany Bay. Some were externally tagged and within the next three months NSW DPI received notification that some had been caught

https://www.seabeesfishingclub.com/c...nto-botany-bay

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast