Thread: New Suzuki 100B outboard.

New Suzuki 100B outboard.

I missed the release of the Suzuki 100B engine that is based off the 70/80/90 block. Which at 157/161kg gives a significant weight saving over the 100A engine based off the larger block.

I remember people saying when Yamaha released the F70 that there was no real discernible difference with the F60 until right in the peak of the rev range. I’m wondering if it’s the same with the 100B or if there’s tangible HP/torque benefits throughout the lower rev ranges.

A google search doesn’t seem to show up any Dyno tests done on them. Does anyone know if there’s any real data on them?

It would seem pointless spending the extra dollars on the 100B over the 90A if you’re only seeing a difference in the last 500 of the RPM range.

if there are tangible benefits I think there will be some Kevlacat 5.2m owners licking their lips when it comes time for a re-power.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Re: New Suzuki 100B outboard.

There's a big difference between the 60 and 70 in the Suzuki range, also a noticable difference in the 70 to the 90, don't know about the 80, no one I know has one, similarly, the 100 I guess will be a small step up from the 90, usually they have better mid range and slighter better top end when based on the same basic power head.

Is there a site or anyone that actually dyno’s these things?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

this sort of information used to be available on the Californian Air Research Board website but they have changed their reporting criteria, it was great as it would show a family of motors, the hp and at what rpm that was achieved - great resource for this sort of comparison - as on the attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files