Thread: Best boat ramp to access Brisbane River

Best boat ramp to access Brisbane River

Gday guys, I know it is late notice, but I am looking at doing a family run up the Brisbane river tomorow. I live at Caloundra and was planning on towing down to a suitable ramp to launch an 8.0m aluminium boat. I know the weather looks perfect for tomorrow so every man and his dog will be out. Just looking for suggestions as to which ramps offer suitable parking for a long trailer and which ramps would be recommended?
    Any help is going to be handy.

Thanks guys
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Best boat ramp to access Brisbane River

Pinkenba is handy to the Nth side but can be a pain wrong tide and/or wind. Port of Brisbane best bet, can be a funny one to find if a 1st timer though.
    Smartest thing to do is just come in the boat.

Colmslie would be good. Straight over the gateway bridge, nice big pontoon to work next to the ramp.
    https://goo.gl/maps/ShPKXaBqDdUtcAhr8

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Colmslie would be good. Straight over the gateway bridge, nice big pontoon to work next to the ramp.
    https://goo.gl/maps/ShPKXaBqDdUtcAhr8
    I second Colmslie as a good ramp, used it when doing some prop testing a year or so ago.

Colmslie is family friendly with the pontoon

Thanks guys, I’ll give colmslie a crack if we still go.
    Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Colmslie is family friendly with the pontoon
    And during the week you can get fresh prawns straight off the trawler cheap when he pulls in there, sometimes he has squid as well.