Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day/night fishing charter trips along Queensland coast?

Day/night fishing charter trips along Queensland coast?

We will be moving about Queensland during this Winter season, mostly up and down the coast, staying at places like Hervey Bay, Keppel Bay, Mackay area, Bowen, Townsville, Mission Beach, Cairns. I always fish land based during trips like this, but this time I would like to take a couple of fishing trips out on a charter boat for some reef fishing.

Just wondering where the best places are... tend to think further North - like Townsville and Cairns would be the best bet. Any recommendations, stories etc??

Re: Day/night fishing charter trips along Queensland coast?

Rainbow beach is a nice place for a visit there are some good charter operators running out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainbow escape charters do a 16hr fishing charter.
    4am until 8pm
    Definitely worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by FINICKY View Post
    Rainbow escape charters do a 16hr fishing charter.
    4am until 8pm
    Definitely worth doing.

I have done it a few times it can be very hard to get a spot but definitely a good day out. Keely-Rose and Double island point charters are also they your more conventional 6am-3pm trips they usually have more available spots especially during the week.

Check out Audacity Charters in Townsville. They have a great facey page with all the details.

Blog Entries

Head to Agnes Water and jump onto Hookedon1770 and book a trip with Damo. He is awesome

http://www.1770tours.com/

Apologies for not getting back sooner. Email notifications don't seem to work for me.

Thanks for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    Rainbow beach is a nice place for a visit there are some good charter operators running out of there.

That's near the Southern end of Fraser isn't it? Where do they fish - are there reefs out from there?

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    I have done it a few times it can be very hard to get a spot but definitely a good day out. Keely-Rose and Double island point charters are also they your more conventional 6am-3pm trips they usually have more available spots especially during the week.

Sounds like an area worth a visit then

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    Check out Audacity Charters in Townsville. They have a great facey page with all the details.
    Great. Good to know actual tour operators names, as you hear rumours of some that are not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Head to Agnes Water and jump onto Hookedon1770 and book a trip with Damo. He is awesome

http://www.1770tours.com/
    I may have been out with them some years back. I do remember getting a bag full of Hussars and nothing else, but they tasted good anyway, and you always take
    your chances on whether the fish are on or not.

If you plan on fishing the Sunshine Coast then Smithy is your man. Best here by far.

Smithy on the Sunshine Coast, Kelley Rose at Rainbow Beach are great operators, Hervey Bay sport fish in Hervey Bay obviously are my go to operators in that area . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by back2boats View Post
    That's near the Southern end of Fraser isn't it? Where do they fish - are there reefs out from there?
    Yes it is at the southern end of Fraser. There is plenty of reef out there they catch everything from Reds,snapper,pearl perch,parrot, Mackerel and everything in between. Check out there Facebook pages and you will see some of the catches. Even if you don’t go fishing it’s still a good spot to spend a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Smithy on the Sunshine Coast, Kelley Rose at Rainbow Beach are great operators, Hervey Bay sport fish in Hervey Bay obviously are my go to operators in that area . Matt
    Good, I needed a suggestion for Hervey Bay thanks