Thread: I Hear Whining

I Hear Whining

I know what you're going to say, and no, I don't have an English wife. What I have is a flat area on the stern of the ali 5metre flat bottomed boat. An area has been cut into this flat shelf, and a live tank welded in, suspended above the floor, held in by the welds around the top. What I've noticed is that when the tank is full, and it holds a lot of water, let's say it's 40 x 40 x 50 which is equal to 80 litres right when it's full, so let's say 60 without problems, which is 60-65kg.
    What I'm noticing is this whining sound. Out on the water it sounds like something is rattling on the bottom of the boat, sort of similar to a taut rope vibrating in the water and I thought it must be a loose .. something... but when I brought it home I noticed it when I filled the tank. When I drained it to half a tank the sound stopped. There are no pumps in the bottom of the tank, it just has an inflow, an outflow and an overflow.
    Any ideas on what this might be?

Re: I Hear Whining

Did you check for any ropes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: I Hear Whining

Shiek some of my tinnies have vibrated at idle so bad it sounds like someone tapping a spanner on the side of the hull, to me its not a big deal im use to someone bring up a big sinker "Kadonk" against the side of the tinny its just tinnies all sorts of rattles come from those hulls, anchors sitting on a thawrt seat or up the front vibrating, rods in the boat rubbing and hitting the aluminium etc.. shit moving around inside the boat

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app