Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

One going cheap down the nsw coast if anyone is interested in a restore

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0700676661131/

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

Gazza,,,,kinda interested if anyone thinks that is a Haines?I dont know the 17 well but some of that doesnt seem to fit Haines to my eye...?????

Anyone able to snag and post the photos for us non Feacesbook folk?

Matt

Its older than Noah

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    Gazza,,,,kinda interested if anyone thinks that is a Haines?I dont know the 17 well but some of that doesnt seem to fit Haines to my eye...?????
    Hey Invert been a while since i seen my hatch byt if i recall my hatch looks the same as does that cleat and the bow roller 100% identical to mine and the haines v19 was a flop of my caribbean 19

From what i read and im probably wrong the 17 was a short version of the 19

Heres a pic i missed from uploading those reversed chines look pretty unique to hainesAttachment 122379

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Its older than Noah
    I'm pretty sure Noah and his boys broke into the Haines yard back in the day and flopped a mold of the boat pictured to get a start on the ark. The boys wanted Noah to go wavebreaker and a couple of 300 Mercs but being a family man he went the cabin boat.

Matt

The old reverse chine HH are sort after for centre console conversions. I have seen some cracker ones on facebook. Great hull design still. Haines Tax will be applied

The hull is priced at $2500 i think that is very reasonable for a 17 foot haines hunter ut also appears to be in all original condition

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    I'm pretty sure Noah and his boys broke into the Haines yard back in the day and flopped a mold of the boat pictured to get a start on the ark. The boys wanted Noah to go wavebreaker and a couple of 300 Mercs but being a family man he went the cabin boat.

Matt
    But he made it out of ply, choppy and poly so it rotted which is why it's never been seen since

should be a good project for someone , they seem to be popular to remake , maybe a speardiver might take it on

looks original and ok condition not mucked with ....we just added another boat to the family , a little pongrass husky original excellent condition with a 40 yammy , little beast corners like its on rails , so they are still some good buys out there for vintage boats ..imagine this haines done up would be a pearler

Hey Cat i owned a pongrass i had a 40 yamaha 3 cylinder on mine i blew up the engine than put a 25hp on it took it out one night in botany bay 10pm a huge wind storm hit 3 of us on board 100kph winds 1.5 meter tall close chop scary night waves crashing over the back of the boat taking on water we came right in along the port tugs i made all of use put on life jackets i was about to jump over board stood up absolutely shitting my pants

We made it about 100 meters down along the port wall than we hit the old sand bank

One of the tug boat drivers drove his car around into the carpark he asked if we seen a boat out there in trouble we than said that was us he was happy we made it back

So were we

4.8k 23 footer on a trailer not a bad buy even if it needs a full rebuild, red the description i dont agree with the "summer build" bit lol unless u have a 35 foot long air conditioned garage

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wall...ull/1255770641