Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

I don’t get it. You want a second boat to fish in the river. But you keep looking at old glass that need months to rebuild and the input of more and more money. What not just buy something like this then go fishing straight away. No more to spend.

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...6952525/?Cr=21

plenty o ftinnies in the 12foot range come up for sale for around 2500-3500 with decent engines and trailers

Yeah i'll hold off on the purchase guys it was a little ugly duckling haines hunter 13 for $750 i'll channel that into the big girl

It has just rained for 3 weeks 1 sunny day now mum istelling me its forcased to rain for 8 days what the heck is going on

I am getting no boat work done this is shitty

a HH v19r dive boat popped up on gumtree , tired old thing but seller wants 40K for it 750 hours , HH could be one boat with the stronger resale value

managed only 1hour of work myself , i think NSW is experiencing TULLY like weather everyday here atm

My mum just heard her best friend she grew up her entire life with passed away in september mum is a bit quiet atm we were not able to be contacted because we move house and closed our 25 year old home phone line account

I thibk another project right now would be a bigger load not on my shoulders but my mums her ancles are swelling and its not a good sign as they are not reducing..

This was the little hains hunter i had my eye on

Just found a hidden haines hunter V17R very very reasonably priced!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah i'll hold off on the purchase guys it was a little ugly duckling haines hunter 13 for $750 i'll channel that into the big girl
    So you are still looking then? Finish the one you have FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    So you are still looking then? Finish the one you have FFS.
    If one comes up i might snap it up v146/v16 its not like they are listed weekly they arr actually hard to find

Just because im looking at a second boat does not mean it will get in the way of the big boat build

No work will be done on a second boat untill the big one is finished but buying at the right time for the right price in the right location.. requires all the starsto align

I will bite my tongue and wait to see what others say. But I seriously think it’s time for some home truths.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I will bite my tongue and wait to see what others say. But I seriously think it’s time for some home truths.
    why would you want a 15 and a 19 foot boat ? if a 15 foot boat can get in there so can a 19 foot boat.
    a 12 foot tinny and a big boat maybe might be useful

445 146r are out there every day of the week v16 are a different lot older hull

many hardworking blokes cant afford running costs rego insurance upkeep on one boat let alone two.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    why would you want a 15 and a 19 foot boat ? if a 15 foot boat can get in there so can a 19 foot boat.

445 146r are out there every day of the week v16 are a different lot older hull

many hardworking blokes cant afford running costs rego insurance upkeep on one boat let alone two.
    The only maitenence isa engine oil, filters, gear oil and spark plugs..
    Insurance is cheap so where does it become expensive if u do your own work?
    I personally dont psy a dealer to walk around sipping on a cuppa taking a phone call or talking to other mechanics while he finds the 10mil socket, yes i have seen how professionals work while your paying $120 an hour.. i refuse that kind of shitty service

got nothing to say in reply to this ?

on a modern engine it’s more then that and if you think so then I’d never let you touch my engine
    also any decent dealership does not work the way you imply

any service ive had done has been a fixed quote so if they were unprofessional and lazy i dont care how long it takes as its fixed rate

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

got nothing to say in reply to this ?

on a modern engine it’s more then that and if you think so then I’d never let you touch my engine
    also any decent dealership does not work the way you imply

any service ive had done has been a fixed quote so if they were unprofessional and lazy i dont care how long it takes as its fixed rate
    Your fishing Steve.. b7t i'll take the bait as u seem uneducated IN my cercemstances which u yhink you know it all

15ft boat would push up my 13 degree incline driveway quiet easily, the 18 foot boat is going to weigh close to 2000kgs im going to need to get a 4000kg trailer tug just to park the big girl in the yard

You must notgo to many mechanics to not see one doing such as i mentioned or yourjust being ignorant towards what i said because i have seen it at alot of shopsand ran from factories

Bygger i wanna go pick this up at 6am in 5 hours but a couple people here will chuck a tantrum

Full restore new strings, floor, transom, wave breaker, new aluminium trailer, put a 50hp four stroke on it maybe a honda..

Lovin life