Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 99

Thread: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

  1. #76

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    This video is what made me want a v146r, look towards the end of the video that little thing is running a V4 90hp


  2. #77

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    big dealerships are just like car dealerships with a service foreman tradesman and sometimes apprentices
    the dingy shit holes you must frequent where they just change oil plugs and filters are not where I spend my coin

    I wrote a longer reply but deleted it as replying to you is not good for anyone
    if anyone sees me replying to a Gazza post kick me in the arse please
    itís a train wreck you just canít turn your eyes away from

    goodluck with your boat

  3. #78

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    This video is what made me want a v146r, look towards the end of the video that little thing is running a V4 90hp
    My BIL had that exact setup. Yes it went fast enough for me to barefoot behind. It also got airborne on every little bit of chop and when you ripped the throttle back to neutral in a hurry the stern wave washed over the engine well into the boat. It is not an offshore boat, no matter what youtube tells you.

  4. #79

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    My BIL had that exact setup. Yes it went fast enough for me to barefoot behind. It also got airborne on every little bit of chop and when you ripped the throttle back to neutral in a hurry the stern wave washed over the engine well into the boat. It is not an offshore boat, no matter what youtube tells you.
    Is it still in 'ric's yard? Imagine Reid and Gazza together...

    Matt

  5. #80

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    I wrote a longer reply but deleted it as replying to you is not good for anyone
    if anyone sees me replying to a Gazza post kick me in the arse please
    itís a train wreck you just canít turn your eyes away from

    goodluck with your boat
    It is my new year's resolution to stay away from these bin fires as well. It can be like a support group.

    Matt

  6. #81

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Imagine Reid and Gazza together...
    I hope you mean metaphorically not physically?

  7. #82

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Didnt take the closet skelletons long to escape..

  8. #83

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    If i were to get a v146r my big boat would be my main offshore boat the little boat would be used for long runs up the georges river to fish the bay or a long run thru the hacking to fish just outside or even a hawkesbury run out to juno point/flint and steel for jewies

    The smaller boat could be packed away by 1 person, the big boat will likely take 2 people unless i get a 4 ton trailer tug

  9. #84

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Gazza, Didn't you start with a functional small boat and sold it to get the big project boat? Now the big project boat doesn't look like it can do what the old boat did, so you need a boat like the one you sold as well.? Confusing me mate, I hope you end up with the right combo and get to put some scales on em.
    Muz

  10. #85

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Yeah Muz i sold the Silverline 1600 (15ft) to go bigger and badder plus pay off some bills but than i moved house too if we were still at the old house we had a huge driveway the ford had no worries moving the boat by 1 person, new house is a mission to park the boat

    That is only one problem of parking the boat tho i could park it on the street but holly molly theres a high risk chance it would get knocked off

  11. #86

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    The idea has come and gone i wastalking to a mate last night he agreed its hard taking a big boat out solo i probably dont have a problem going solo its just ghe whole parking arrangement at home

    A small boat would have been good but a 146 is still a big boat i guessthe 133 istiny but it would be pefect for long trips and cruizes with a 30hp fuel economy

    But yeah my hands are tied atm im committed to the big girl and she must be finished and sea worth before i start looking at more projects

  12. #87

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    If that last one sold for 5-6k Cat u may be interested in this one it'll buy u aengine or pay for some work to be done to be done to your old girl if u were towthis down your way

    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ouri...rce=com.micros

  13. #88

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Bloody struth.. that HH V17 was siting on there for a few days, the second i post the link here its sold within 1 hour

    You guys are bloody savage

  14. #89

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Old mate listed this for $800, 2 weekslater puts $2000 on it

  15. #90

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    If that last one sold for 5-6k Cat u may be interested in this one it'll buy u aengine or pay for some work to be done to be done to your old girl if u were towthis down your way

    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ouri...rce=com.micros
    yeah that will sell , couldnt believe the last one was flipped within few days and advertised at $6k with no work done on it , must be a lot of new dive people out there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us