Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 99

Thread: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

  1. #31

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Wow check out this one guys hull only $100

  2. #32

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    that old haines 17 is listed on gumtree for $6k now , no motor as is on a trailer

  3. #33

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    been for sale 5 days and deposit taken. looks like he made a good flippin sale

  4. #34

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Lucky bugger, 2.5k would have been abit of coin for me to borrow and snap it up all though this current project is fun the gray hairs arnt

  5. #35

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    I don't know, but if someone paid 1 dollar for that, it really makes me think how many stupid people are out there.
    Muz

  6. #36

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Hey Muz hes talking about the haines hunter in post 5 and 7 it was up for sale for $2500 now its back up for sale for several thousand more

  7. #37

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    If only there was some 5.2KC hulls around for those sort of $$$
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  8. #38

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    If only there was some 5.2KC hulls around for those sort of $$$
    If only "someone" could make a boat with the performance of an 18' Sharkcat, but with the style and fitout of a Kevlacat.....just make the bow higher, wider pods, flat useful deck on the front, bunks...now let me see, if I cut that!

  9. #39

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    If only "someone" could make a boat with the performance of an 18' Sharkcat, but with the style and fitout of a Kevlacat.....just make the bow higher, wider pods, flat useful deck on the front, bunks...now let me see, if I cut that!
    Sea Trek make a 5.9m which covers all of above. He's had many buyers back to buy their second boat and even one guy who is onto his third (He's one of those that likes to trade in every couple of years)

  10. #40

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    If only there was some 5.2KC hulls around for those sort of $$$
    i havent seen a KC for sale for donkey years

  11. #41

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    If only "someone" could make a boat with the performance of an 18' Sharkcat, but with the style and fitout of a Kevlacat.....just make the bow higher, wider pods, flat useful deck on the front, bunks...now let me see, if I cut that!
    what would you say makes the SC performance better than the KC? Hull shape? Weight? That flat tunnel canít be a positive can it?

    If you took a 5.2KC and put full size pods to fit 100-115 or even 130ís, in floor ice boxes. Decent live bait tanks, possibly a CC with decent moulded casting deck up front? Maybe with mackerel/wahoo ice box up front. Do you think theyíd sell?

    one thing I didnít like on the 5.2KC cuddy was the bunks. I thought they should have stepped the cabin wall out at the bottom to create a decent space for your legs instead of having them stick down the sides. Also I thought that under roof area could have been used better.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  12. #42

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Sea Trek make a 5.9m which covers all of above. He's had many buyers back to buy their second boat and even one guy who is onto his third (He's one of those that likes to trade in every couple of years)
    Iíd go so far as to say the quality and fit out of the Sea Trek is far superior to a KC. I also like that they do one hull size and do it really well. The boat is solid as a rock and while I havenít ridden in one yet, I had one pass me in a chop one day and it looked smooth as silk.

    Good people and great to deal with.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  13. #43

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    what would you say makes the SC performance better than the KC? Hull shape? Weight? That flat tunnel canít be a positive can it?

    If you took a 5.2KC and put full size pods to fit 100-115 or even 130ís, in floor ice boxes. Decent live bait tanks, possibly a CC with decent moulded casting deck up front? Maybe with mackerel/wahoo ice box up front. Do you think theyíd sell?

    one thing I didnít like on the 5.2KC cuddy was the bunks. I thought they should have stepped the cabin wall out at the bottom to create a decent space for your legs instead of having them stick down the sides. Also I thought that under roof area could have been used better.
    Been in both boats thousands of times, and without trying to discredit either boat, or get into a war with owners of either boat, I personally think the 18' Sharkcat is the better performing boat, it had plenty of faults that could be rectified with only above water line modifications, the Sharkcat is a very forgiving boat, and takes no special skills to get going and had no handling vices, it's probably up there with one of the best boats ever, BUT.....finish was poor, build quality was lousy at best, very bare build, low in the front, all sorts of things that the 5.2KC did well and left the Sharkcat for dead, I knew Harry Carter (who owned Kevlacat) really well and we were good mates, and seen them built, by comparison, a Sharkcat is/was a back yard build, when Noosa took over they upped the game quite a bit, but, the basic hull remained the same, because it was just so good.

  14. #44

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Just to add, there is a company building the "old" Sharkcat, properly now, they seem to have plenty of orders. I myself think the last model before they put the pods on them was the best, the model with pods was pretty good, but the old motor well style just seem better riding somehow.

  15. #45

    Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Iíd go so far as to say the quality and fit out of the Sea Trek is far superior to a KC. I also like that they do one hull size and do it really well. The boat is solid as a rock and while I havenít ridden in one yet, I had one pass me in a chop one day and it looked smooth as silk.

    Good people and great to deal with.
    Never been in one, but I have seen a couple around when I visit my mate at Caloundra, they do look OK, I guess it's hard to compare a boat made in the '70s to a modern boat, back in the "old days" they were build rough and bare, look at some of the "famous" brands, like old Seafarers, a VC or Viking came with nothing, similar to an old Sharkcat, just a basic bare hull, no nice accessories that we expect now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us