Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

Re: Old used Haines Hunter 17 down the coast

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    4.8k 23 footer on a trailer not a bad buy even if it needs a full rebuild, red the description i dont agree with the "summer build" bit lol unless u have a 35 foot long air conditioned garage

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wall...ull/1255770641

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    4800 is more than I would pay

Matt

Hard to come by 23 foot hulls tho Matt, i personally would pay it

Trailer $2000

Hull $2800

Hey Cat i owned a pongrass i had a 40 yamaha 3 cylinder on mine i blew up the engine than put a 25hp on it took it out one night in botany bay 10pm a huge wind storm hit 3 of us on board 100kph winds 1.5 meter tall close chop scary night waves crashing over the back of the boat taking on water we came right in along the port tugs i made all of use put on life jackets i was about to jump over board stood up absolutely shitting my pants

We made it about 100 meters down along the port wall than we hit the old sand bank

One of the tug boat drivers drove his car around into the carpark he asked if we seen a boat out there in trouble we than said that was us he was happy we made it back

So were we

good to hear the husky got you home , research tells me they were used for surf rescue back in the day before jetskis were around ..

that haines looks like one of the first ones by the looks of the windscreen , never been in v17 but i read they ride very good ,

23 ft should spark someones interest

Yeah 23 foot is a really sweet spot for a trailer boat with towing limits limited in oz to 3500-3800kg

Hard to come by 23 foot hulls tho Matt, i personally would pay it

Trailer $2000

Hull $2800

Gazza the $4800 is for hull only. Trailer and other things available by negotiation.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    good to hear the husky got you home , research tells me they were used for surf rescue back in the day before jetskis were around ..

that haines looks like one of the first ones by the looks of the windscreen , never been in v17 but i read they ride very good ,
    I don't think the surf rescue thing is correct, there is some old advertising footage of an old Pongrass in the surf, which has nothing at all to do with life saving, but it's often confused, thinking it is, before jet skis they used those big fibreglass jet boats, there is one still kind of used near me.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Gazza the $4800 is for hull only. Trailer and other things available by negotiation.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    Ah ok i thought the engine and leg was for negotiation, bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I don't think the surf rescue thing is correct, there is some old advertising footage of an old Pongrass in the surf, which has nothing at all to do with life saving, but it's often confused, thinking it is, before jet skis they used those big fibreglass jet boats, there is one still kind of used near me.
    I think there is still one of those surf rescue jet boats in action it may be the colundra bar? It patrols its on youtube the jet boat has a blow off too sounds wicked

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    4800 is more than I would pay

Matt
    By a long shot. $2K if the trailer was included. A carton of stubbies or $500 max otherwise.

A bloke on fb bought a 21ft savage for $1600 he relisted it for $6500 when called out with a screen shot he muted msgs lol bloody bugger

After owning an old Pongrass Surfmaster many a year ago, god help anyone that takes one away from flat water let alone near some genuine swell. there’s a reason why most of my boats after that have been Haines.

A mate picked up a honda today off the internet the bloke told us he had a haines hunter seawasp for sale i later seen what i think was the hull he mentioned

In a way i wish i had picked a smaller hull like the seawasp i would have been finished by now

But it wouldnt have the same offshore capabilities as the sea camper / v19

The little sea wasp was up for sale $2500

think their was a vid of a sea wasp heading out mallacoota bar , looked a little dodgy but ....your right on track with the bigger hull , it might be you who might be rescueing some sea wasp or pongrass boat one day . bigger is allways better

Thats true hey Cat its just a long and huge process rebuilding a boat it took me around 10 hours to glass 2 small 50mm stringers and 4 or 5 bulkheads just crazy when u think about where that time goes