Thread: HIN Hints

HIN Hints

Hey all,
    I have a boat that was built I believe in Lismore, and has a NSW HIN on it, but no builders plate that I can find.
    It has a yam 60 built in 2013.
    Anyone got any ideas about how to find out who built it without going through maritime services websites etc. I've tried ringing around boat yards in lissie and coffs etc with no luck. Apparently the last 3 digits on the HIN denote the year it was registered (in this case it was register in "1"therefore 2001 or 2011) and boatyard plate is E0 so that's someone's code, but not one I've been able to find.
    The REVS or PPSR? will tell me if there's anything owing but I don't think anything about the builder/seller etc.
    Just interested in finding where it was built etc as I'm thinking of selling it.
    Cheers

Re: HIN Hints

There are quiet a few knowledgable blokes on here im sure someone will know if u can post a picture

A lot of old boats lost there vintage serial number plates when u think about it they were made in the 70's and 80's era thats 40-50 years of time

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Be 15 years old at the most Gaz. Home made or custom made.

The HIN probably won't reveal much, it's just a series of identifying numbers, nothing to do with when it was built, or by whom, unless it's a later model mass produced boat.