Thread: Yamaha paint code ?

Yamaha paint code ?

Afternoon all,
    The paint on my cowling cover was peeling off in places so ended up stripping it back to the fiberglass/plastic. Have since primed/undercoated and now want to re spray it, can anyone tell me the paint code of the basic grey/charcoal metallic paint on the Yamahas, its a 25hp 2005. Was going to leave it white as it didn't look to bad until i went out and the sun bounced off it like you wouldn't believe and being white, don't think it will stay looking pretty for long...
    Cheers.
    JN

Re: Yamaha paint code ?

Have u checked out the yamaha web site to see if they have free to download owners manuals it may have the paint code in there

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

If you look up the part no on Yamaha website the last 2 digits are the paint codes eg B8
    But if you go to RTM or Whitworths they sell cans that will a close match.

hey jewie , been looking into this as well as a relative has a 40 hp and wants to respray, apparently there are mainly two types , the blueish grey color on older engines or the newer grey metallics. there is pressure pack aerosols that yamaha sell but a quick check online revealed that not much is around at the moment . whitworths do sell a pressure pack but havent concluded which color code they are as yet .

Yamaha paint code ?

I read this yesterday about Yamaha paint codes:

(Hope it helps)

https://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/...maha-outboards

My rebuilt F40 was painted on my friend auto paint shop (garage) and used the colour that my local Yamaha dealer use when painting used motors for sale.

Its not the exactely the same colour that Yamaha use but is very "close" and you just will notice the diference if you have a original painting side by side.

With less than 40€/$40 bought the complete set of graphics also not exactely as original graphics but you just will notice the diference side by side or looking carefully.

The colour is from Honda and is used on their cars

Honda NH674P "cosmic gray" variant B1

IMG_0141.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Thanks Guys,
    Have spoken to local boat shop and they can get me aerosol cans of the right stuff. Not cheap mind you at $48 a can! Now needing to chase down the stickers. Shakey, where did you order yours from.?
    JN

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    Thanks Guys,
    Have spoken to local boat shop and they can get me aerosol cans of the right stuff. Not cheap mind you at $48 a can! Now needing to chase down the stickers. Shakey, where did you order yours from.?
    JN
    I don’t have a Yamaha. What I posted was from a quick google search.

If you search for Yamaha outboard decals you will find plenty of places selling them. Just search through and find what you are after. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

You can try ebay for decals!