Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used INOX battery conditioner?

Anyone used INOX battery conditioner?

Hey guys i got a bummed deal as in my rebuild thread with a battery i purchased a week or so ago the battery is maitinence free meaning there is no physical way of repairing the battery, i didnt want to lose out on $50 so thought i would ask if anyone has had success with using INOX a battery additive to recondition dead batteries?

Mine has dropped a cell reading 10.4v today, i have drilled 6 cell holes to access the acid and i used 6 nylon screws with nylon washers

I wont risk using the battery in the boat but dont want to chuck it out, a bottle of INOX is $10 so it is worth a try

Any idea how to use it? Does it work on its own or while charging or anyone know the process?

I see a lot of batteries these days are sealed maintinence free are they just a throw out item?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Anyone used INOX battery conditioner?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey guys i got a bummed deal as in my rebuild thread with a battery i purchased a week or so ago the battery is maitinence free meaning there is no physical way of repairing the battery, i didnt want to lose out on $50 so thought i would ask if anyone has had success with using INOX a battery additive to recondition dead batteries?

Mine has dropped a cell reading 10.4v today, i have drilled 6 cell holes to access the acid and i used 6 nylon screws with nylon washers

I wont risk using the battery in the boat but dont want to chuck it out, a bottle of INOX is $10 so it is worth a try

Any idea how to use it? Does it work on its own or while charging or anyone know the process?

I see a lot of batteries these days are sealed maintinence free are they just a throw out item?

As a general rule, a battery doesn't need charging if left sitting for a few weeks, if you have to shag around charging your battery to get it to start your motor, it's buggered, batteries don't need additives, a good battery can sit for quite a long time if fully charged, my tinny battery can sit for a couple of months during winter and it never gets charged, I know when I get the boat ready for crabbing (last week) it will be OK, if it's not, I would replace it.

Am I really reading this or am I dreaming

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

I値l get called a ###### again I知 sure
    inox goes into a new battery

batteries with no load clean terminals and cases can sit for months with no issues

$50 plus the inox your half way to a new battery to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

batteries with no load clean terminals and cases can sit for months with no issues

$50 plus the inix your half way to a new battery to begin with
    Yep, that was my point, if you have to mess about with your battery after a few weeks (or buying a second hand one) the battery is rooted (in my opinion)

Not according to INOX ya ######.

Cut your losses now Gazza instead of throwing good money after bad. There are cheaper ways to recon a battery, but they dont work either from what i have seen. But they are cheaper.
    Put the $10 towards a new battery. At least you know it will be reliable for a long time.
    Only my opinion.
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

The INOX battery conditioner is to clean the dead cells plates as the battery dropped a cell from what i have read when a battery sits idle for 6 months or longer the cells build up with some white stuff which stops the cell allowing electricity to flow thru that cell

By adding the battery conditioner it breaks down the white stuff blocking the cell

But im unclear if u need to charge the battery once the INOX is added

The INOX is $10

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Am I really reading this or am I dreaming

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Shakey between everything im going to run i need 4 batterys $1000 worth

One new start battery

Two new deep cycle batteries troll motor

One battery for the trailer mover

This battery is only to kick around the back yard or loan out

Just a bummer to lose $50 on a throw away battery

I wouldn't be too concerned about a trolling motor just yet, I have seen big batteries at Auto one for $99, I have one of their own "cheap" brand in my tinny because I needed a skinny one to fit in the ridiculous place Telwater make for the battery, I paid less that $70 for it two years ago, and it starts my 4 cylinder 4 stroke Outboard fine, even after sitting most of the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    The INOX battery conditioner is to clean the dead cells plates as the battery dropped a cell from what i have read when a battery sits idle for 6 months or longer the cells build up with some white stuff which stops the cell allowing electricity to flow thru that cell

By adding the battery conditioner it breaks down the white stuff blocking the cell

But im unclear if u need to charge the battery once the INOX is added

The INOX is $10

Do you get a written guarantee that it will fix your sulphated cell?
    If so ,$10 is cheap. If not,its another waste of money. Lucky youre rich Gazza
    Mick

Whats a tow worth out on the water? throw that piece of crap battery out the window mate and get a new one. Dont keep making the same mistakes time and time again and not learn- battery is cooked, no point reviving it plus you want a bigger CCA anyway.

I'm guessing you've already made your mind up to proceed down this path anyway- hopefully some wisdom is going to sink in...

I just ordered a new battery

Best idea youve had in ages Gazza