Thread: Tinny Swivel Seat mount bolts

Tinny Swivel Seat mount bolts

My tinny's swivel seat mount base has pulled away from its attachment to the standard aluminum bench seat.
    I am trying to locate the attachment devices. They are a hard rubber flanged grommet with a brass/stainless nut embossed in it. It is pushed through a tight hole drilled in the bench seat leaving only the oversized flange visible. When the base is fitted and the bolt tightened the nut pulls up expanding the section below the ally and thus hold tight.
    Hope this creates a clear picture of what I want. Anyone know what they are called and where I can get some.
    Regards
    Willdoe

Re: Tinny Swivel Seat mount bolts

Hey Willdoe they are called a "blind rivet nut" you could possibly sika flex the seat base down be generous and when u want to remove the sika flex later just cut it with fishing braid

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Willdoe View Post
    My tinny's swivel seat mount base has pulled away from its attachment to the standard aluminum bench seat.
    I am trying to locate the attachment devices. They are a hard rubber flanged grommet with a brass/stainless nut embossed in it. It is pushed through a tight hole drilled in the bench seat leaving only the oversized flange visible. When the base is fitted and the bolt tightened the nut pulls up expanding the section below the ally and thus hold tight.
    Hope this creates a clear picture of what I want. Anyone know what they are called and where I can get some.
    Regards
    Willdoe
    Search for Well Nuts, which is what you were describing. Most use a brass nut, put some anti sieze on or just plain hub grease will do. The main issue with them though is they do have a small flange so don't push on them too hard when first starting otherwise you can push them through.
    Rivnuts while useful are a bit ordinary in very thin metal and if they ever get loose an absolute PIA to remove, just ask me how I know.
    Where are you located, I have some well nuts doing nothing but taking up space.

Edit. You can also use Blind Jack Nuts but like Riv Nuts can be difficult to remove if they start spinning.

Thanks for replies they are well nuts I was looking for. I have located a source over at Murraie