Thread: Outboard Pricing Help

Outboard Pricing Help

Hi Everyone,

I sold my old outboard from my little aluminium runabout and looking to update to a newer model outboard engine of the same horsepower. I have not done this in a long time and wondering if there is any place to go to like redbook (for Car valuations) that shows what you should pay for a 2 Stroke USED outboard motor. I am looking at a DT30 suzuki with electric start and also Yamaha 30hp outboards. If there no online resources to help with private pricing could anyone tell me what something like that would be to pay. I have seen a couple of Suzukis. One is hardly used and very clean and starts first go. Others are the yamaha 30cv and 3 strokes yammies.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt

Re: Outboard Pricing Help

G'day Matt,
    I was recently in a similar position and found the only way to gauge it was to search the usual websites like boatsales, gumtree, ebay etc..., set your search to Australia and try to build an idea of the value for similar engines that way.
    It's not the most accurate method but I found it gave me at least a starting point.

A used outboard is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Re: Outboard Pricing Help

The only way to get new prices in australia is to ring a dealer, the prices on boat sales, sometimes gumtree and the trading post are lower as they are run out models 1-2 years old stock usually they'll say they have been sold and the listings are not up to date its just to get your foot in there door

Dealer to dealer prices vary on small hp engines there could be $200-$400 difference from dealers in the same city on a 25-30hp 2 stroke

And old bloke at picnic point boat shed quoted me from memory $2200-$2250 where as i went to family boats in blacktown and paid $1999 they actually gave me the $1 back this was in 2010 for a new 18hp tohatsu

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app