Thread: Noosa tackle store

Noosa tackle store

So I did a bit of window shopping in a popular Noosa Tackle World shop yesterday and noticed there are no daiwa rods or reels for sale? None whatsoever. Now I know stocks are low because of COVID but there was literally zero daiwa rods or reels. Have tackleworld had a dust up with daiwa?

Re: Noosa tackle store

I just went to their website and did a search for Diawa.

Result = Nothing Found
    Sorry, no posts matched your criteria. Please try another search

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm.... I rang Tackle world Lawnton recently looking for a Daiwa Exist and was told they don’t have any. I asked when they could get one in and was told they couldn’t? Didn’t ask why as I thought it might have had something to do with supplies.
    Matilda

Maybe Daiwa Australia got sick of that clown on Ifish constantly plugging shimano so they told tackle world to jam it LOL

Daiwa may have made an exclusive deal with a big company like BCF or BIGW KMART etc.. could it be Shimano seen Daiwa as its leading competition so wiped it out with contracts?

Who knows, something will leak soon

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I snapped a Daiwa rod hauling a rather large mangrove jack in Lucinda many years back. Rod was purchased from Noosa Tackleworld and they replaced it no questions asked.

I am not a fan of Davo's Tackleworld or Shimano reels,prefer Daiwa any day , their service dept is streets better than Shimano.as well. Hooked On Angling on Hilton Tce are a Daiwa stockists as are BCF

I went into a tackle world about 15 years ago and met the owner Dave Buttfield he went on to say he was a bloke on a tv show that me and my cousin likely havent seen, because his shows were on foxtel...

That is where i found him...

Well i went into a few tackle shops locally and found out how low stocks were on castnets and at one stage no sinkers whatsoever ??..
    China is gunna make us suffer lol!!!.
    So looks like buying whats made locally as should be !!..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Well i went into a few tackle shops locally and found out how low stocks were on castnets and at one stage no sinkers whatsoever ??..
    China is gunna make us suffer lol!!!.
    So looks like buying whats made locally as should be !!..
    Time to melt down a car battery and use a table spoon to make some sinkers lol

I’m not sure the issue of low stock is the reason tackle world aren’t stocking daiwa but I’m happy to be corrected

I think tackle stores are a victim of online shopping more than a lot of other businesses, some local ones might survive, and maybe one big chain type, if you look at (say) BCF, their fishing section is getting smaller, but their other "stuff" is getting bigger, Tackle World seems to be just slowly withering, who knows what the future holds? all this is just my opinion/observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I think tackle stores are a victim of online shopping more than a lot of other businesses, some local ones might survive, and maybe one big chain type, if you look at (say) BCF, their fishing section is getting smaller, but their other "stuff" is getting bigger, Tackle World seems to be just slowly withering, who knows what the future holds? all this is just my opinion/observation.
    I agree with that Noel my local BCF had huge stock of fishing products but the store was remodeled now they only have one wall and one isle that i can recall of fishing gear

Previously it was 2 very long isles and a wall

"large jack"????? Should've smacked it on the bum and sent it back to its mother. Pretty poor quality rod though.

Hi Neddy, you seem to be reading some very old threads and responding to them. It'll take you a long time to get current but then again recent threads have very little to do with fishing these days.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell