Thread: Davy Robinson Boat Ramp

Davy Robinson Boat Ramp

There is a boat ramp behind the old Flower Power on Newbridge Road, Moorebank called

DAVY ROBINSON BOAT#RAMP

I’ve been told that ramp has been done up in the last couple of years.#

My question is - Has anyone used this ramp recently and what is it like.#

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Davy Robinson Boat Ramp

I havent been there is the last 2 years but use to sit there with the ex girl friend and have lunch, on seperate times i have launched tinnies there the current rips thru there fast and when i was last there there was no sand to pull a boat up on it was all rocks between the ramp and wharf pretty shitty ramp there was also a big hole in the ramp just a few meters under

Between the ramp and the bridge where the long grass was it kep coming up on my fishfinder as 2ft deep and i snapped the sheer pin but i suspect that was the build up of stolen cars in the river a few years back

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Try the ramp on the otherside of the bridge near the seafood resteraunt its much better

It looks pretty flash on Google Earth

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Try the ramp on the otherside of the bridge near the seafood resteraunt its much better

Gazza - why do you say that. I thought this ramp had been done up.

Davy Robinson Boat Ramp

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    It looks pretty flash on Google Earth
    Gunna - yes it does look the goods from google earth and that’s why I’m asking if anyone has personally used it since it was done up.

IMG_6913.jpg

Ah yeah they updated the old timber wharf to a metal modern whaft i havent been there since the wharf next to the ramp was installed

All along that section of georges river is a hot jetski location so expect a few ####wits

This ramp is on the other side and is pretty good its all i think 8kn zone as its not a marked system that far up but during the day just go any reasonable speed 8kns under the bridge too remember that

It fishes good in summer under the bridge we have caugh jew fish there but with the wind blowing all the car traffics heat from the cars all around there u sweet like a pig on 42c days

That ramp in this pic provides live poddy mullet too if your fishing

Plenty of smaller fish will show up on the fish finder either side of the bridge quiet a day out if u fish with soft plastics i went thru a whole pack in 2 hours something kept bitting the tailsAttachment 122230

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    This ramp is on the other side and is pretty good its all i think 8kn zone as its not a marked system that far up but during the day just go any reasonable speed 8kns under the bridge too remember that

It fishes good in summer under the bridge we have caugh jew fish there but with the wind blowing all the car traffics heat from the cars all around there u sweet like a pig on 42c days

That ramp in this pic provides live poddy mullet too if your fishing

Plenty of smaller fish will show up on the fish finder either side of the bridge quiet a day out if u fish with soft plastics i went thru a whole pack in 2 hours something kept bitting the tailsAttachment 122230

Thanks Gazza

I was only looking to put in here so I could give the old girl a really good run down the river to Botany Bay.

If I use Davy Robinson, I’ll report back

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

I was only looking to put in here so I could give the old girl a really good run down the river to Botany Bay.
    Go a little further down to Revesby Beach at the bottom end of The River Road Revesby.

Fed that is probably the biggest location in all of sydney for jetskis i use to ride my jetski there 20 years ago but these days u get 50 skis there on a summers day plus ski boats people water skiing its absolutely jammed on a weekend

You would never want to tie a boat up there its so wishy washy from all the boating activity your boat will be smashing the wharf

Its aweful there now worse boat ramp in sydney

Yeah I should have mentioned weekdays only but it does cut out a painfully slow restricted run down from flower power.
    Speed restrictions from revesby to lugarno only.

Think the speed restriction starts from liverpool weir but half of that water way is not regulated often im not saying to speed but everyone does it chipping norton lake the lake is 8kn up near the weir is i think 4kn and thru lake moore

I cant recall if there is a speed limit at the deep water ski park just around the bend from flower power