Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Problem

Trailer Problem

The below picture is NOT my trailer, but mine is a similar setup for my 2000 model Seafarer V-Sea.

The rear arm that the arrow is pointing to drops right down touching the ground when the boat is off.

Can this LITTLE problem be fixed and if so how,or do I need to replace the entire arm/bracket.

My trailer is a Mackay Trailer

IMG_0133.JPG

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Trailer Problem

shakey, is it just the roller bar on one side that drops or the whole assembly?

Just get an old electric cord with the plug cut off and tie a loop around the front of the "U" and the axel to hold the rollers up.
    Seems like dropping rollers are a design feature of Tinka trailers.
    Mine does it too when the Vag is not on it.
    Cheers
    Chimo

Just get some occy strap stuff and then it up, job done, some trailers have a little rubber block in the tilt part that stops the arm moving fully either way.

Its designed to be heavier on the back side so when u retrieve its already in the down position to drive the boat on, can u spin it around 180 so the heavy side is facing forward? May make driving on a bit harder tho

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Just get some occy strap stuff and then it up, job done, some trailers have a little rubber block in the tilt part that stops the arm moving fully either way.
    Sounds like the rubber block is missing. Maybe a pic of the culprit will help with a better response.

Trailer Problem

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Its designed to be heavier on the back side so when u retrieve its already in the down position to drive the boat on, can u spin it around 180 so the heavy side is facing forward? May make driving on a bit harder tho

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    I understand that Gazza, but this one drops down and touches the ground, which becomes a problem when I forget about it and start reversing

Trailer Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Sounds like the rubber block is missing. Maybe a pic of the culprit will help with a better response.
    Dignity, what is this rubber block you mention. Where is/should it be located on the trailer. If this is problem is it easy to replace.

I’ll try get a picture of the bracket

Chimo and Noel, yes I have consider and do use this patch fix, but if possible I’d like to identify reason why and correct the problem

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Where the long arm pivots on the bracket, there is a rubber block fitted under the long arm, it kind of acts as a stopper, but flexible enough to allow the rollers on the arm to contact the bottom properly.

I Have a Mackay 4 ton capacity trailer it has a light chain attached to the front of that rocker cradle & the other end attached to the chassis & can be adjusted by moving the chain up or down a link or 2

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Dignity, what is this rubber block you mention. Where is/should it be located on the trailer. If this is problem is it easy to replace.

I’ll try get a picture of the bracket

I'll try and get a photo tomorrow as I 've been away, but looking at the photo you posted I am starting to think the set up is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I'll try and get a photo tomorrow as I 've been away, but looking at the photo you posted I am starting to think the set up is different.
    Dignity - the photo I posted is not my trailer, just an internet pic to explain my issue. Will get pic today of my trailer.

This is the trailer arm that drops to the ground when the boat is off. Anyone know why or how to fix it.

IMG_6930.JPG

IMG_6931.JPG

Hi

not much help

that photo looks like the back of my tinka trailer

when I was mucking around with mine, I dropped the rear carrier down to the lower hole and there was a lot less 'swing' movement in the arm that carries the 3 roller assemblies.

I took it back up to the higher hole as it seemed to capture the bow better.

mine does not drag on the ground when unloaded.

would love to see what you come up with

cheers
    Stevet