Thread: Slam click/ Latch help

Slam click/ Latch help

First post and howdy to all. I bought a 1997 Wellcraft Excalibur 45 by Riviera in Australia. Finishing up her restoration and I have some original latches that I cant find anywhere on this side of the globe. The only visible printing is Made in Australia. The main issue is if I replace them with something local, I would have to do some surgery on the gelcoat panels. I swapped out one and it looked like an epileptic octopus, with a dull hacksaw did the install.

Any leads or who made them would be appreciated!

Here is the hens teeth im after (sorry for the crappy pic, my potato camera was running low:

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Slam click/ Latch help

epileptic octopus, with a dull hacksaw

love it.
    https://www.boatoutfitters.com/hardware/latches
    may find something to hide the hole

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    epileptic octopus, with a dull hacksaw

love it.
    https://www.boatoutfitters.com/hardware/latches
    may find something to hide the hole
    Unfortunately, I already exhausted my side of the marble (boat outfitters , great lakes skipper etc). Thats why I paid a million US dollars to join this site cuz I thought.....this elusive latch would be in yall's Australian boats. Seriously, thank you for the link. Some things were outfitted in Australia before it was mailed over here, 15mm PEX water lines was another. The one on the anchor locker was toast so I robbed the one from the head cabinet to keep my rode from looking like a yard sale in the Gulf of Mexico.

Take a look through the websites for the major marine wholesalers in Australia. Bob Littler Agencies, Marine Warehouse, Sam Allen, R.W Basham.

Quote Originally Posted by on-one View Post
    Certainly looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by on-one View Post

You have got to be kidding me! I struck out with Riviera months ago with an email and pictures, they said nope, nada and have a nice day. But yea....thats it! Wow....thats like the last piece on this restoration.

Big thank you to everyone over there! I had a feeling posting this on an Australian forum would be the key. Anyway, rest assured Im taking care of your ol export.

A couple of pics for those interested on what a 23 year old Australian boat looks like now:

Salon before:

Salon After:

Helm area before (All seating and cushions on the boat were stolen before I got it)

After:

Aft bedroom:

Helm before:

Helm after:

And the money shot: