Thread: Vale Trevor Burgess

Vale Trevor Burgess

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Vale Trevor Burgess

Wow, I’m stunned. I fished with Trev many times in comps and socialy. He taught me to catch Barra. A good guy.
    Totally stunned 😧

Sad day indeed.

Condolences to his Family....
    R.I.P.......

Col

RIP Trevor.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

I am am still in shock to learn of this tragedy... Trev has been one of the greatest influences on my fishing as both a mentor and friend.
    To attest to the kind of bloke he was , he came up and introduced himself to a couple of clueless Barra fishoes from Sydney while at Lake Monduran & offered his time and guidance to show us the ropes suggesting that we head north to Awoonga where he spent the next 4 days playing the role of guide and coach ...... More importantly the friendship that grew from there.
    An unselfish kind of bloke who offered everything and expected nothing back ... except maybe a chicken and mayo roll.
    It’s a big loss to the Barra fishing community, A legend taken way too soon doing what he loved most at the place he loved most ..... I’ll miss you old mate

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

An obliging type of guy. Met up with him at South Tree Inlet Gladstone fishing one day and again at my place in Rocky on a visit on the verandah over tea and scones.

Loved his home locality (Gladstone area) and named his soft plastics after it. Glad........stone = Happy......rock softies. Clever marketing thinking

Knew Awoonga dam well. Don't know what happened yet if thrown from boat due to medical episode and losing control or hit something due to falling water levels in dam. Reminder to us all about cut-out lanyards.

He loved what he was doing and u can't get more joy out of life than that.

That's very sad i remember him posting here about Awoonga dam and catching barra there ,a good reminder to have a life jacket on and a lanyard as some has said.

For those who never met up with Trevor, there was a relatively recent video of he and Mark Berg chasing barra on Awoonga.

Gives a bit of an insight into the guy.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=592913771512555

What a tragedy, never met him but knew of him..very sad.

R.I.P my condolences go out to all his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronje1 View Post
    For those who never met up with Trevor, there was a relatively recent video of he and Mark Berg chasing barra on Awoonga.

Gives a bit of an insight into the guy.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=592913771512555
    Trev just being Trev

I was waiting for "this lure is going to suffer consumption"

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Bit more info coming out.

They weren't in Trevor's boat is the story. They were in the other guy's boat.

Got some weed caught around o/b (or transducer) and driver slowed down to reach over and clear it. Trevor leaned over as well to help and that upset balance of boat which was still moving.

Boat veered off course throwing both out. Trevor apparently couldn't swim very well is the comment but wasn't wearing lifejacket.

I guess the coroner's report will sort it out.

Think we should wait for the facts to come out, doesn't make a lot of sense reaching over to clear weed from anything especially the outboard while the boat is still moving you would stop the boat before trying to clear anything away...

Anyway as you say the coroner's report will hopefully make some sense of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronje1 View Post
    Bit more info coming out.

They weren't in Trevor's boat is the story. They were in the other guy's boat.

Got some weed caught around o/b (or transducer) and driver slowed down to reach over and clear it. Trevor leaned over as well to help and that upset balance of boat which was still moving.

Boat veered off course throwing both out. Trevor apparently couldn't swim very well is the comment but wasn't wearing lifejacket.

I guess the coroner's report will sort it out.
    I spoke to Lori Burgess this evening -

There were motor issues in Trevs mates boat & Trev went down the back to check it out ..... somehow he grabbed the tiller & the boat took off & both were thrown out ....... pitch dark .

Apparently both were disorientated & a long way from shore - Trev couldn't make it & his mate stayed till the end ...... eventually making it to shore .

It's going to boil down to a freak accident - sadly

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO