Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki DF175hp issues

Re: Suzuki DF175hp issues

Ok thats a different part. Found it here:
    https://www.boats.net/product/suzuki/13580-93J02

Fingers crossed that it sorts the issue out for you.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Took the boat for test drive today
    Same problem
    Nothing fixed
    It's booked back in next Wednesday
    They will do on water test to identify problem
    Appreciate everyone's comments.
    I am still hoping for a fix next trip
    If not then other options

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Took the boat for test drive today
    Same problem
    Nothing fixed
    It's booked back in next Wednesday
    They will do on water test to identify problem
    Appreciate everyone's comments.
    I am still hoping for a fix next trip
    If not then other options

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Starting to feel uncomfortable for you Trev. I have a Suzuki 150HP, 5 years old, 300 hours and now out of warranty. I have not had any major issues to date other than a MF gauge that required replacement. I am concerned that Suzuki can't find the problem, as it makes you think twice about going offshore alone. Let's hope you can get an answer and permanent fix soon. SS

Hopefully they will do a proper water test and sort it out for you. Seems to be taking longer than necessary.

Bugger Trev - these things can be really frustrating!
    Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.
    I also have a DF175 so any info is good info.
    Fingers crossed its sorted soon.

How did you go mate...?... any joy yet...?..Hard to understand after all those dollars they have charged that they didnt adequately watertest it before handing it back to you....

Any updates? Enquiring minds want to know......

Got a result yet Trev??
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

tap tap tap.....is this working? viewers want to know what's the current situation.

knock knock, Ding dong....anyone home?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    knock knock, Ding dong....anyone home?
    Maybe he has been stuck out on the edge of the shelf for the past week..

His boat is likely fixed and hes out enjoying the weather

I hope if it is now fixed that they didn’t charge a cent more in labour to install the new parts etc. shits me when a mechanic diagnoses something, you pay parts and labour based on that diagnosis, only to find out it wasn’t that at all and are expected to pay parts and labour for the next diagnosis also.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Sorry for delay in feedback guys - boat was in with mechanic for two weeks they did do a run with computer attached to motor and gauges on fuel line and from this they said fuel issue affecting motor.
    Mechanic thinks getting water into the fuel could have created a bug in the fuel tank.
    Work done on motor include replacing:-
    regulator in fuel separator
    strainer on high pressure fuel pump
    high pressure filter on crank case
    bucket filter injector sonic cleaned.
    they also replaced a short clear hose from inside the motor that had gunk in it

In addition they run the fuel through a filter and input fuel doctor.

I was then told to take it for a run - I have done a run from Redcliffe to Bribie Island and back - about 30 minutes each way

I have been told to take the boat for one of my typical all day runs offshore before they say it is fixed.

Fuel filter from last service was changed and the clear bowl under filter was staining with red and some small specks which have now disappeared.

I will post back once I have been given good weather and do a big offshore run.

Thanks heaps for interest and input guys

I am going to do a couple of other things to boat to remove some possible issues which include elevating the fuel filler on the gunnel to preent water from flowing past the cap seal and further add some covers to the air breather to prevent anyone puching water into the tank via a syringe as I have had the boat tampered with in the past by filling the subfloor with water and gluing up bungs - just to be sure it is all good - I have a speacial cap not easy to open.

Most likely fuel contamination - I have done everything I could do for good fuel and alwas bought BP Ultimate hoping for clean fuel so . . . . not sure what else to do.
    On this run the boat maxxed at 5800 rpm and 60kph
    Best I have gotten since buying the boat as I normallly max at 5600 rpm and 57kph
    It was clearly screaming out better
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I hope if it is now fixed that they didn’t charge a cent more in labour to install the new parts etc. shits me when a mechanic diagnoses something, you pay parts and labour based on that diagnosis, only to find out it wasn’t that at all and are expected to pay parts and labour for the next diagnosis also.
    They said there is labour and parts they will talk about once I confirm it is going well.

I called them after Bribie run and said it was working well and they said call us after you have done a big run
    Cheers

Trev