Thread: narooma, wallaga lakes, mystery bay fishing

narooma, wallaga lakes, mystery bay fishing

Good Morning to All. I am spending a week based in Mystery Bay starting in 2 days. I have not been in the area before. I have a small boat, and happy to do some land-based fishing as well. I would appreciate any tips, info etc on how to catch something besides a cold while I am there. Thanks.

Re: narooma, wallaga lakes, mystery bay fishing

Even though it's winter, and those places will be mega cold, there's plenty of Bream up the far end of the Inlet at Narooma, it's easy enough to get Nippers for bait. Most beaches will have Salmon if that's your thing.

mystery bay has a nice rock ledge we used to fish for bonito at the camp grounds , some big break offs have occured their , tailor might be on the chew come dusk on the beaches .. charter wise out of Narooma a few to choose from and only 5klm to kingfish and dolphin fish grounds. also some big bream in the rocky wash around the headlands , unweighted tuna strip thrown into the wash and big bream dont line up for baits like these

Thanks Noelm. Will give those bream a go.

Thanks Catshark. I’ll have a go with the tuna strips.

I haven't been to Narooma for a couple of years now, but in the past, I have had great success trolling small lures around the edges of the Oyster leases way up the inlet (if they are still there) get small lures right in close, caught plenty of big Bream, and legal Snapper doing that, and lots of Flathead in Lake Corunna just a bit south.