Thread: Trailer repairs

Trailer repairs

My 6.5m gal trailer needs a big freshin up. Can anyone recommend a suitable repairer on the Gold Coast. Thanks in advance.

Re: Trailer repairs

Knotpretty do u want a strip and redip? Complete overhaul of your frame and componants?

I reckon it would be cheaper to just buy a new steel trailer

Ally trailers are easy to fabricate if u take the right routes unlike me, there are factories out there that can roll the frame like a quintrex trailer

There was a shop on google in QLD that sold complete assembled and welded gal axle kits everything on it minus the rims and tyres from memory under $500 disc braked could be an option for u? Just roll it under and bolt it home

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

This bloke recently done a old trailer overhaul check out the video

I wouldn't do it, when the rust shows up that bad. it is likely that the steels strength has been severely compromise. For me it would be cheaper, quicker and much better just to fab up a new frame. Zinc Galv. is just a better version of paint, hides everything but does not fix the steels' corrosion weaknesses and it is not a structural metal.

Yeah i agree Ed if your going to the time and expense of a redip you wouldnt want to dip a old shagged frame with rust pitting so the old frame would have to still be ok

The op may even recoupe some cost by selling on hes old drive train

Yep buy a newy works out easier in the long run.
    Alloy if you can afford for the long haul.

Maybe it needs wheel bearings.