Thread: Diver whiting

Ausfish New Member
    Blog Entries

Diver whiting

Just back from a session at Scarborough.Mostly small and hard to get.20 in total for 2 fishers.I heard they go to Nudgge about Ekka time .Any truth in that and if so where at Nudgee? Depth of water etc Thanks Guys

Re: Diver whiting

Not sure if you went to the Cockle Banks from Scarb? I got my 50 pretty easy from there last week, again average size as they tend to be from there though. Out of interest I took a packet of Gulp sandworms and reckon it was 50/50 with the live worms. Certainly cheaper with the livies being around $30 each (slight exaggeration).
    Out from Nundah I presume would be the old compass adjustment buoy area, buoy's not there anymore unless replaced in the years since I've been.

Mate was at Nudgee beach yesterday and scored 80 whiting in two hours.
    Jack.

Seems like Diver Whiting is the same thing we call Red Spot Whiting? There's lots around in the ocean at this time of the year, common catch for the Flathead drifters.

No, different critter.

Attachment 122064

80 in 2 hours. thats impressive. what bait were you using? live worms? i use squid but they dont seem to go for that as much as i had experienced over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    No, different critter.

Attachment 122064
    Picture didn't work, did a bit of googling, same family, just slightly different.

Divers are a tad firmer as well as differnt in colour somewhat Noel..

You can catch them on soft plastics out fish squid of course use live blood worms is the best option

winter whiting have the dark blotches / strips through them tell the difference from Sumer whiting
    Mitch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In life, start off wrong and you'll finish wrong. Put just one skeleton in the closet and you'll have to put another one in to hide the first, and so it goes.
    But start off right and you'll finish right. There's no comeback when you stick to the truth - and no skeletons!